NEW REVELL 1/20th BI-PLANE COMING IN OCTOBER! NO JOKE!

1to1scale

So, what is it then? It's got a Sopwith Camel hump and access panel. The tail looks Sopwith too

There must be a very complicated cam arrangement for that six cylinder engine!

Richard

In all seriousness, I will probably be buying this so that I can build it with my 4 year old son, I have already been buying some easy kits for us to build. These are great kits to build with kids. 

You are just like a drug peddlar. Get them young and they're hooked for life

I started my addiction with Airfix

Richard

My kids (in their late twenties) are addicted to fantasy gaming figures

Edited by RLWP

You are just like a drug peddlar. Get them young and they're hooked for life

I started my addiction with Airfix

Richard

My kids (in their late twenties) are addicted to fantasy gaming figures

In America we started on Monogram kits. Also, lindberg, aurora, johan, and MPC.  

In all seriousness, I will probably be buying this so that I can build it with my 4 year old son, I have already been buying some easy kits for us to build. These are great kits to build with kids. 

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great for a four or five year old child to build. 

I've done a bit of Aurora in my time - never hurt me....

Richard

Pass me that Academy kit would you, I need a fix

Hey, since this is a LSP...I will start a thread and take pictures of him building it. That way he document his addiction later in life for the health insurance company's.

In a way, it was my kids that got me back into modelling. My son brought home a Bretonnian knight which I glued together and painted. Now I'm hooked again

Richard

I startled with Strombecker wood airplane kits and 1/48 balsa kits which were blocks of wood and plans. That was in 1942. It wasn't until 1946-7 that plastic kits came out. By then I was into U-CONTROL flying models. I drifted into plastic kits in the '50's. Also building ship models from wood kits back then, some automobile kits and even HO gauge model trains It all stopped when I was in engineering school. 

For me modelling is a hobby one comes back to when times are easier. 

The only permanent thing was my stash, which continued to grow, gradually over the years.

The size of the stash varied, depending on my current interests, and through the deprivations of a flood and two fires and six moves.. 

Nowadays I am converting many of my wood and plastic models into sculpture. 

And the beat goes on... :punk: