F4U-1 corsair tamiya 1/32 scale

pascal JMW

Pascal,

The weathering you applied, very distinctive on these Corsairs, is some of the best I've seen! Very authentic.

Cheers, Tom

thank you very much Tom !! 

What did you use for the "masking tape" covering the gun ports that was to-scale? Real tape would be too thick.

Simply masking tape 3mm Tamiya  which has the advantage to be already white ,She goes well in 1/32

bande-10.jpg

37885810.jpg

20245410.jpg

cheers Pascal 

What did you use for the "masking tape" covering the gun ports that was to-scale? Real tape would be too thick.

Bill, you could also use the "tape" decals that come with the kit which are used to seal the forward fuel tank.

On my FG-1 i used masking tape to cover the shell ejector chutes and gun muzzles but it was on the thick side.

On my F4U-2 i used the tape decal that came with the Barracuda decal sheet and had much better luck with it.

Just a thought...

-d-

Pascal, are the folded wings Corsairs on a carrier or land? I have never seen Corsairs with their wings folded other than aboard ship.

David, I did not know about that decal, it makes sense. Thank you.

I filled the machine gun holes with some white glue, i applied the decals over the gun muzzles, and then just carpet bombed em with micro set. They looked pretty good in the end.

-d-

Pascal, are the folded wings Corsairs on a carrier or land? I have never seen Corsairs with their wings folded other than aboard ship.

David, I did not know about that decal, it makes sense. Thank you.

Not systematics has ground as on aircraft carrier but that arrived...Often for the maintenance also

14233010.jpg

14590310.jpg11159910.jpg

• 1 month later...