1/35 HH-65C USCG

Neo

HI Guys

even in this hot beatifull weather ive managed to get some work on this baby!

ITs official this is the first fitment isue that could have been avoided but its bithing me in the... you know what

Dry fitting of the doghouse seamed like a little etra thin was going to get everithing in place but not quite. By the time i realized i should have thinned the interior a little it was too late. 

But look at the positive side ! the engines are in and they look great! ive also used my circle cutter and made some masks for the tail rotor tunnel

20170608_214848_HDR%20%281280x720%29.jpg

20170608_214926_HDR%20%281280x720%29.jpg

So i masked around the doghouse and sanded down the step with a snading stick, it came out decent, i just applied some tamiya surface primer to make things smoothe, ill wipe off the excess with a Q-tip and some thinner.

20170612_224848%20%281280x720%29.jpg?dl=

So after and entire evening of masking paint time is comming!! you can see in the backgroud i also masked the roto blades for the 4 white and yellow section.

next step is the white stripe on top of the dog house, masking that and then we go orange! 

My biggest concern right now is if i should paint the white bar on the fuselage where the decals go. im afraid the orange will show trought the declals. but im also afaid that if i dont paint it spot on it will look ugly.

Well that its for tonight! 

thanks for folowing 

• 3 weeks later...

Good point Shawn. 

i took your advise and painted the while stripes.

while i loaded up some orage and started spraying, i immediately notice that this color needed a primer. so i stopped and applied some tamiya surface primer.

this then revealed many seams issues that where not visible before, so out with the putty.

so some weeks later!  

Fresh out of the booth

painted with Humbrol 238

20170702_232931_HDR%20%281280x720%29.jpg

Edited by Neo

Looking nice Neo the color looks spot-on on my Screen

Thanks. Im really happy with the color. The gloss coat should make it even better.

One thing is i wish i had xolor sanded the surface primer has it was a little rouph, its my first time using it.

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

So she his all done.

came out great IMO, i did run onto some issues removing the tape, i used a spray MM clear cleat and i think i went on too thick, the Clear would lift and peal when removing the sape, I had to do a touche up on the left side where USCG letters meet the white band.

DSC_0010.jpg?dl=1

DSC_0011.jpg?dl=1

DSC_0014.jpg?dl=1

DSC_0016.jpg?dl=1

DSC_0023.jpg?dl=1

For the first time yesterday I saw an all white with orange HH-65 near Los Angeles.

Neo that is a great-looking helicopter nice paint job and work I also have the same question. What's the deal with the the blades?