Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

I was just a wee bit bummed to see that the one thing I absolutely don't have for this project, is decals. Fortunately, Montex makes a set (32276), that should work well for this effort. While it's the same tired scheme that everyone and their mother seems to pick (Naoshi Kanno), it's perhaps one of the more visually interesting schemes I've seen so far, so I guess I'll go ahead and do it too.

LOL

When I built one I didn't even read the name of the pilot; I just went with the most interesting supplied in the kit. So when I googled Naoshi Kanno... :rofl:

Looking good. l have the old Swallow George in 1/32 but may trade it in for the Hasegawa one.

Hacker

The Swallow kit is actually nice. While I prefer the Hasegawa kit, I like the other one too.

The Swallow kit is actually nice. While I prefer the Hasegawa kit, I like the other one too.

l do too but l need to make a new cockpit. l may just keep it and get the Hasegawa one anyways

Hacker

OK, here I've sprayed the engine with an aluminum base, painted the exhaust tips with the darkest metalizer I have (Titanium), and spritzed some IJN green around the area of the exhaust. This is the Tamiya interpretation of IJN dark green (sprayed on not thin enough), and I can't say that I really like it all that much, so I'll probably end up going with a darker blackish green, even if that's not correct.

JR3k2c.jpg

Have this one in the stash at home, and really like the way its shaping up here. I dont know what I was expecting engine wise, but that looks pretty sweet!

Out of the box, the engine is quite nice, and fit, as with everything on this kit, is just excellent.

I really don't know what I was thinking here; while I love the spraying characteristics of both Gunze and Tamiya acrylics, both seem to be very delicate, almost guaranteeing that I'll end up scratching them all to heck, so I'll resort to MM enamels, at least for the base green color. This Tamiya color, incidentally, just looks too yellow to me.

I like the previous one better, for some reason I have stuck dark blue-green in my mind.

Like this

Abandoned-in-Japan.jpg

Cool photo, Martin. I'm thinking that a black-green might actually be better still for my George. I'll need to give it some thought.