Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

Dabbling with more paint, after correcting a couple of boo boos, I repainted the spinner back plate with Tamiya gloss black, then spritzed both it and the cowl with Alclad aluminum (I really like the Alclad paints). I got way too carried away with the black on the cowl however, taking it way too far up the sides, when the green actually comes almost all the way down to the lower chin intake. Better too much than too little, I guess, eh?

hoMCWj.jpg

Thanks, Brian. I hope to have this one wrapped up by sometime in mid July, and that should give me more than ample time to also wrap up a Romulan Warbird that I wish to enter in our invitational this September as well.

Something else I just completely forgot last night, was to spritz some black on my "test subject", as I intend to try some things that I do not want to try directly on old George, not until I know if they'll work or not.

HBov0o.jpg

Bit by bit. The flaps, which I thought were properly prepared, still show some light sanding scratches, as the Tamiya black is very unforgiving in that regard. I think my solution will be to use some sand-able lacquer filler primer (that's a mouthful), then gloss black, then the Alclad(s).

NLrcvI.jpg

I'll vouch for that tape too.  I used it for the first time on my current project and was pretty impressed with how well it handled a curve.  Great build so far.

Jeff