Hasegawa Boeing F4B-4

Ted Barrett

Hi Tnarg,

Yes, I've always wanted to do the Felix scheme from the box top with the white designating colour ever since I bought the kit in the 70's, just never got around to building the kit...lol

I'm going to be working on it again tonight so that I can post some more pics tomorrow.

Ted

Hi Guys,

Painfully, painfully, I have managed to survive another photobucket session...lol

I may have to break down and pay them the money they want just to see if that will help speed things up.

Anyway, here are some shots with all the seams cleaned up and the wheels in place.

Hopefully I can get the interior painted this weekend and post some pics of the interior and the fuselage glued together.

f4b41.jpg

f4b42.jpg

f4b43.jpg

f4b44.jpg

Edited by Ted Barrett

Thanks Peter and Hakan.

I've been enjoying working on the kit.  It obviously isn't up to current standards, but still fully deserving of being built!

I just have to figure out whether the interior was painted aluminum or light grey so that I can get more progress in the next day or two.

Ted

Thanks RBrown!

From what you sent I can now go ahead and spray a light grey on the interior and then spend tonight and tomorrow night picking out the other interior bits and pieces.

By the end of the weekend I should have the fuselage glued together!  Yahoo!

Ted

Good eye on those interior shots. They are obviously not the same color as the metal wheel so they have to be painted. Somehow I got this crazy idea that they were left natural metal, but that is not in agreement with the photos.

Tnarg

Hi Tnarg,

Yes, I think from looking at the shot that shows the interior and exterior surfaces at the same time, I'm going to go with the light grey that would be on the metal areas of the metal panels for the interior as well.

Spraying will commence as soon as I get my hockey clothing in the wash!

Ted

Really nice progress

I too am getting up the gum tree with Photobucket.....and all  these image sharing sites as of late............

Anyways....hope to see more work and the complete product soon

Rgds

This takes me back. I remember making this in the 70s some time and thought it built up quite well. Also a Curtiss Dive bomber (BF2C-1)with retractable u/c. Made a good display pair. Left them at my parents house and they got destroyed over time.

Steve

Edited by Bradleygolding