Shawns Non-LSP thread

Shawn M

The X-wing looks great! 

Regarding Bandai and their engineering...

I wish other top model companies would adopt some of Bandai's approach to engineering a kit.

Bandai has figured out how to create outstanding fit and finish while not diminishing detail...in a snap together construction.

That technology could be VERY useful in a more traditional kit of an airplane or tank in certain areas.  The whole kit need not be "snap together" but there are areas in every build where it would be really useful to not have to muck around with glue to attach parts.  

Bandai can get it done...why not Tamiya or Dragon or anyone else?

Heck, I wish Bandai would launch an assault on the model industry with traditional 1/72, 1/48, 1/32 aircraft kits and 1/35 armor kits.

Bandai is at the very top of the model ladder, it's just that a lot of builders don't know it, largely b/c Bandai focuses on Gundam and sci-fi, and a lot of older builders aren't into that.

Very nice X-wing Shawn!

Brian, they're a slippery slope. Once you build one, especially if it's a stress relief build you want to do more.

I've got their Falcon in all three scales that they do: 1/350, 1/144, and 1/72. The detail that they pull off in their molding is incredible. Tamiya is probably glad they stick to Sci-fi stuff.

Carl

• 1 month later...

I really wish that blue on your Cobra, was a better match for my Meade. I have a new finder scope that badly needs a re-paint. I do have a few Testors blue lacquers that I can try though.

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/201

race cars need stripes...

I could hear Shaka in my head saying "Man up Shawn.....do it...."

So, I did.

With calipers and machinist ruler in hand I laid out stripes and painted 'em on!

38220253212_38fa02d47e_b.jpg

38220251142_223bba3565_b.jpg

with my confidence boosted and all the tools out, I forged on

37541077304_1eedcc5a5d_b.jpg

38220246282_528f3b1609_b.jpg

26475961119_dfc042135e_b.jpg

time for a bourbon

With a lovely colour and finish such as this, surely a spiced rum over a bourbon? ;)