Trump Me 262B-1

BGB

Aussies have long suffered from an effect know here as the tyranny of distance. Kit prices are, in my opinion, the most important and egregious victim of it.

Kev

It's funny since in Canada, we have the opposite problem. A lot of people here complain about the higher prices relative to the US which for a large majority of the population is less than 200 km away.

Carl

sorry guys, i didn't know the Revell kit was fresh cut metal moulds.

Kev, i have the Hasegawa high grade 262B. They have you cut away the upper rear fuselage of the single seat kit, will post some pic's of the content differences if required.

sorry guys, i didn't know the Revell kit was fresh cut metal moulds.

Kev, i have the Hasegawa high grade 262B. They have you cut away the upper rear fuselage of the single seat kit, will post some pic's of the content differences if required.

Yeah, that'd be great, Dave. I'd love some nice, clear photos for the Kit Database if you can help out:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/details.php?kit=1009

Kev

Going off them prices you guys actually pay about £10 more for the Revell Fw-190! What would it cost to send from the UK to Aus?

Hi Radders

A quick look just then and the cheapest shipping I could find was one with free shipping for 72 Aussie.

Out of Germany 29 Euro postage and out of England £11.

All give a final price around 85-100 Aussie dollars.

The dollars dive here has brought local shops back into the game with many offering free shipping meaning it's cheaper from retail than EBay or overseas for the first time in a long long time.

Yeah, Darren, anything north of $40 is in the 'terribly expensive' category for me these days. Not easy supporting a family and a mortgage on a single income.

Kev

I agree with Darren Kev ... Unless you know someone very special who can provide the kit for less ... I reckon $80-100 AUD will be about par for the new Revell kit ...

The Fw190 showed their intent to choose the paths of "More bangs for more bucks"

... and it still probably won't be a "complete" kit like Trumpeters

... and will probably have accuracy issues (like most of their recent offerings) ...

On the other hand - you may be able to score the Trumpeter kit a lot more cheaply after the Revell release?

What's up with Aussie prices? A general cost of living thing? Import? VAT? Obnoxious middle-men? Of the later, similar kits through different sources often mean a 50% difference in on-the-shelf retail here in the 'states.

... Honestly? ... I don't know - it's probably a mixture of all of the above (except VAT - which we do not have) ... I think mostly though, it's our depreciated dollar.

The AUD has held it's own in very few countries since May 2013 ...

Some things (model wise) - cheap as the USA prices are - are actually more expensive for us to buy O/Seas now ... 

I ALWAYS shop around (including postage and a 'bad' foreign currency translation rate in the comparison) before I buy.

On the flip side ... just about everyone else here on the forums might score some good deals from Aus' - given the 'cheap' AUD

... who cares what the 'face' price tag says, if it only costs you 50% of what you'd pay for it elsewhere?

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

... All give a final price around 85-100 Aussie dollars.

The dollars dive here has brought local shops back into the game with many offering free shipping meaning it's cheaper from retail than EBay or overseas for the first time in a long long time ...

Yep ... I scored my last 190F-8 via an Aussie outlet on the back of this exact philosophy ...

Rog :)

I realise this is slightly off-topic, but I wanted to acknowledge and thank Dave publicly for the images he sent me, which have allowed us to really flesh out the information we had about the Hasegawa Me 262B kit:

Thanks, Dave!

Kev

Wow, I'm glad I never got the Hasegawa 262B then....

Boris...Considering the fact that Trumpeter 262B is 519kr and Revell 190F-8 is 469kr, I doubt that the new Revell 262B will be less expensive.

Edited by AndersN

I realise this is slightly off-topic, but I wanted to acknowledge and thank Dave publicly for the images he sent me, which have allowed us to really flesh out the information we had about the Hasegawa Me 262B kit:

Thanks, Dave!

Kev

Looks awesome, Kev. By the time I throw some references at it, it'll be pretty much complete, at least for now.