Trumpeter 1/32 A-6E TRAM Aftermarket

Dave Morrissette

Hi Gents:

I saw a thread for the A-6A kit's aftermarket and was wondering if there was anything specific to the A-6E TRAM kit as aftermarket or what stuff would transfer from the A to the E?

I would think the4 seats - True Details and AMS might.

Outside of that and a few Eduard items, I don't see much. What am I missing?

Dave

AMS seats are GRU-5 for the A-6A, you'll want the GRU-7 for the E.

The Avionix A cockpit, early A-6 wheels, and any A-6A decals of course wouldn't transfer over to the E kit either.

Rhino intakes, intake covers, canopy masks, metal pitot probe, and most PE would still be relevant to both the A and E kits.

Oh...and surprised by the lack of decal releases too. Some companies have jumped in but it is not as much as it used to be especially for planes with lots of different markings

Dave

No swastikas on the tail.  If there were, there'd be at least ten sheets.  Dave at Flying Leathernecks planned a sheet but so far nothing.  I don't know if he gave up on it or not.

I think right now I'd be happy with a decent set of seats.

Edited by kalashnikov-47

Ritchie's First Law of aftermarket states  that ..

There is a proven inverse relation ship between the RRP of a kit and the amount of Aftermarket products created for it  ..

(ie RRP of kit $160+ - then go whistle for Resin pit for it )

This can be amended by the special Eduard clause which states that since PE is cheaper and simpler to produce than resin  there will always be PE available .. usually

( No one Mention the Revell 1/32 tornado .. my blood pressure wont take it!!!)

ColinR - cynical old so and so !

Ritchie's First Law of aftermarket states that ..

( No one Mention the Revell 1/32 tornado .. my blood pressure wont take it!!!)

ColinR...

If you like the through-the-closed-canopy clean console look (rather than washed) then, in the absence of etch, decals might look good for the Tornado consoles.

I have two Aires pits and may commit sacrilege by grinding off portions of the side consoles to accommodate decal switchology. Colin, if you want my designs later this year for inkjet printing let me know. I am going to work on some panels for Tornado IDS and F.3 this Spring.

As for the A-6E, it is quite well served by AOA decals in the 1980s-1990s TPS schemes but I don't know of any 1973-1980 era LGG/white with the exception, possibly, of a Microscale offering.

Need stuff like VA-35 on America and Nimitz, VA-34 on the Kennedy, and the post-war VA-75 Saratoga oriental style markings.

Tony

editededededed

Edited by Tony T