1/32 Hurricane

Radub

Radu

Amazing work there. At first I thought it seemed a shame to cover all that beautiful work up with paint (I know it seems odd but I really like seeing how things are made)

But you are certainly doing your workmanship justice, In fact I was a little nervous for you!!

Just amazing, I always look forward to this post being updated.

Thanks for sharing and the inspiration

Anthony

Radu,

I'm continually amazed at how neat all your work is...wow B) I don't recall anyone going into the detail you have with the paint...the yellow wing marking...even your thinking about the yellow fuselage markings with multiple photos. Looking forward to every update :blink:

cheers Matt

Thank you very much everyone for your kind words.

Brian, I personally like my models to look relatively clean (while I still understand how others like their models to look well-weathered and I respect their choice). The model will be weathered and will show signs of leaks, exhaust/gas stains and chipping where appropriate. I usually apply the weathering on top of the final finish (just as it occurs on the real thing) using photos of currently flying warbirds for inspiration. That allows for more control of the amount of weathering.

Anthony, there are always the photos of work in progress!

Matt, The Hurricane has always been special for me. I have been looking at those photos quite a lot. I am doing my best to capture the feel of the real thing as well as possible.

Next photos will be of the model wearing decals.

Radu

Hello Radub... The 1/24 Airfix Hurricane is a VERY accurate kit. It is probably the most detailed kit in 1/24. I'd like to know how it 'measures up' in comparison to the upgrades you've made to the 1/32 Revell kit. :lol:

Hi Wingman777,

I am not sure whether the 1/24 Hurricane is the most detailed kit in that scale (I myself am quite partial to the Ju87. :lol: ) I have my doubts about its accuracy as well.

As for the detail in the 1/24 Hurricane cockpit and wheel well - well, let me put it like this: I looked there for inspiration but was not inspired. :lol:

How do my detail sets compare to it? I cannot really tell you, I am biased! I am sure the parts will be reviewed here in the next few weeks. I hope you like them.

HTH

Radu

The 24th scale stuka is very accurate according to several british magazines l have. It said that they had the actually blueprints to go by. Now we all know there is only so much they can put into a mold cause of cost but l found doing my that its a very accurate kit and a pleasure to build.

The same goes for the hurricane and the spit they are both very accurate kits giving the time peroid they where made and the cost of molds

hacker :lol: :lol: