Hasegawa Bf 109 G-6/AS, "Red 2" 1./NJGr. 10

Muddi

Thanks for the comments and especially thanks for the advice concerning the rivets! Thats why I do this WIP, to learn some useful stuff...

I will not correct it on this kit, but less rivet lines mean less work on the next 109.

Nico

Not sure, but it may have been the Airfix companion detailing book for the 1/24th Bf 109 which showed a drawing of how the rear edges of the fuselage panels were stamped into a shallow 'Z' shape, which provided a ledge for the following panel to sit on and produce a flush skin fastened, as shown in the photo by a single row of rivets.

Of course, not many ordinary folk know that and as long as your rivet detailing i clean and precise (which yours is) it'll only ever be noticed by fellow modellers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. Finally I had some spare time and continued with the build.

Installed the anti-glare shields from Owl:

25686229933_969626bc14_b.jpg

WIP_Bf-109G-6:AS_062 by bastelnvormbalkon, auf Flickr

Small parts for the Cockpit. Gunsight (Revi 12) is from Quickboost. Can anybody help and clarify if that's the right one or should I use a Revi 16 for this Me 109 G-6/AS? Flare gun is stolen from a Hasegawa 109 F:

26016093540_896f15f8e6_b.jpg

WIP_Bf-109G-6:AS_063 by bastelnvormbalkon, auf Flickr

Eagle Editions parts:

26263011506_e471999a33_b.jpg

WIP_Bf-109G-6:AS_064 by bastelnvormbalkon, auf Flickr

Painted:

26222700801_db28c73d29_b.jpg

WIP_Bf-109G-6:AS_065 by bastelnvormbalkon, auf Flickr

Barracuda parts. Spiral is painted, MiG-wash:

26263010116_d1706f76dc_b.jpgWIP_Bf-109G-6:AS_066 by bastelnvormbalkon, auf Flickr

Kit gear legs, added some wire. Tires also from Barracuda:

26222700011_b5c930b445_b.jpg

WIP_Bf-109G-6:AS_067 by bastelnvormbalkon, auf Flickr

Exhaust stains. Diluted gunze/tamiya black-brown-mix:

26288962305_d70e75dcd2_b.jpg

WIP_Bf-109G-6:AS_068 by bastelnvormbalkon, auf Flickr

Any suggestions on how to photograph large black areas?

25686226153_d51c5b52c9_b.jpg

WIP_Bf-109G-6:AS_069 by bastelnvormbalkon, auf Flickr

Next: Some more weathering and fitting all the small parts. The end is in sight!

Nico

That nightfighter 109 is amazing. There so many nice details to look at !

I bought some Mr Paint recently, too and i'm going to use them very soon. I've used Gunze acrylics for RLM 74 and 75 so far, but the Mr Paint seems to be a bit less contrasted. What do you think about it with your own eyes? (hard to say on pictures as it depends of the lighting, how the camera captured the colors, the set up of my screen, the lighting of the room i am now, and so on....).

I bought some Mr Paint recently, too and i'm going to use them very soon. I've used Gunze acrylics for RLM 74 and 75 so far, but the Mr Paint seems to be a bit less contrasted. What do you think about it with your own eyes? (hard to say on pictures as it depends of the lighting, how the camera captured the colors, the set up of my screen, the lighting of the room i am now, and so on....).

I always used Gunze, too and I think I will be using them again from the next build on. I actually like the Mr Paint RLM 75, but the RLM 74 is a bit off. Straight from the bottle I prefer the look of the gunze colours. I did not use the mr Paint RLM 76, as ist looks a bit off too, it has a slight greenish hue. Blut I like their late war colours and it sprays like a dream!

And why is that?

Because sometimes it is just nice to see and compliment a well built and painted model that looks good without doing an autopsy on whether it has too many rivets etc.

:)

Matt

• 1 year later...