Tamiya Spitfire MK VIII: UPDATE: 12/9/15: FINISHED

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Much appreciated and how right you are, as the gear signals signals the turn for the finish line. Finished the Spit last night and will be posting an update later today. I was amazed at Model Air paints; their ease of use, color selection and availability - and to think I never gave them much of a though all this time.

Peter

Awesome work Peter!     I too have some of the Model Air paints, specifically (and almost identically) for my HpH Walrus I have Dark Earth, Middlestone, and Asure Blue.

Looks like I might need to invest in some other colors!!   I REALLY like their idea of the dropper style squeeze bottles. 

Guest Peterpools

Thank Brian, very much appreciated.

I couldn't believe how well and beautifully the Model Air Paints shoot an the old eye dropper is the only way I know of faithfully following my thinning formulas.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE:12/9/15: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS – ALMOST

For now, I've taken the Spitfire as far as I want to go. There still are a few bits that need to be added, a touch of light weathering here and there but to be honest, I've plain old run out of steam and am calling it quits before I manage to screw things up. A short spell down the road, the small and final touches will be added.

As everyone knows, I'm not a big weathering guy and the Spit reflects how I enjoy looking at my finished models in the display case. Air brushed with Model Air paints and both gloss and semi matte clear finishes were from Alclad's range and I couldn't be happier with the products from both companies. - a thumbs up.

The Spitfire, typical Tamiya quality, a joy to build, with the only negative for me, were the toy like features which are thankfully disappearing on the newer kits.

Thanks for checking in and following my progress.

First time using a white background and it's easy to see the need for an addition light for for it to even out the exposure across the frame.

Next up will be visiting another old Tamiya friend.

Peter

untitled-9_zps0znmajpj.jpg

untitled_zpsakgcesg0.jpg

untitled-7_zpstdgxhxrp.jpg

untitled-5_zpsxjt9jpmw.jpg

untitled-6_zpsqsxkxo4m.jpg

The Collection Grows

untitled-11_zpsbinhf6eo.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Beautifully done Peter and built lightning fast too in my books, LOL. Super clean as well. Would you like me to send you a bottle of "general schmutz"? You don't have to airbrush it on, you just open the lid and throw the contents in to the general direction of your model. :)

Cheers,

Wolf