Tamiya Spitfire MK VIII: UPDATE: 12/9/15: FINISHED

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thank You Carl for the kind words. Just can't have enough Spitfires, Mustangs and Jugs.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Allright.....

Ive shure been away for a while...i can see that...

WOW....i like it very much, i had to go to the first page so i not miss something.....

This looks absolutely great.....

Keep em coming...got to catch up on my build buddy after i see your building here....

/Mal

Allright.....

Ive shure been away for a while...i can see that...

WOW....i like it very much, i had to go to the first page so i not miss something.....

This looks absolutely great.....

Keep em coming...got to catch up on my build buddy after i see your building here....

/Mal

Yaaay Mal!!

Great to have you back buddy!  Yes this is a super build isnt it.  Now stop reading this and get to work on that Corsair!

Cheers

Anthony

I love the Mark VIII Spitfire!.. it has the most balanced and graceful lines of all the Spitfire marks (well - to at least to me!)

I have one of these which - will be on my bench in the not-too distant future and will make a Beautiful RAAF version ..

Keep up the good quality work Peter!

Phil

Edited by Piprm

Guest Peterpools

Hi Mal

Welcome back - you surely have been missed. Thank you for the compliments on the Spit. With work winding down for the year, I've finally had more time at the bench and been able to pick up the build speed a bit. I'm now almost through decaling and will be posting another update maybe by weeks end.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Urs

Very much appreciated. With the basic cammo work done, it's time for a super smooth top coat and decaling. I decided to finally break into my supply of Alclad Gloss Klear Kote and once dry ( about an hours time), I started the decaling process, which so far has taken me a 18 hours. After struggling with Tamiya's Viper Decals and the same with their Jug (48th scale), I went with Victory decals; printed by Cartograph - a what a difference. Of course, all the stencils are Tamiya's and except for a few, still needing to be  added, I'm almost through with this portion of the build. Prop and Hub are were completed as well.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Hi Anthony

very much appreciated the compliments on the Spit but more important, totally agree, it's great to have Mal back.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Oliver

Thanks so much and glad you found the build. The Spit has been a fun build (even taking into account my blunder) and going OOB, things are smooth sailing for the most part; nothing like Tamiya quality.I am always amazed at you incredible work and have followed your latest project from day one - inspiring and way beyond my abilities.

Peter