„BISMARCK“ – German’s battleship 1941 – 1/200 by Trumpeter,

elmarriachi

*** UPDATE ***

Starting with the already painted white/black stripes on the hull I marked the position on the first floor of the superstructure... my starting point. With thin tape I started to mark the stripes up to the highest point....several tries... lot of masking tape later... the stripe was ok. Then I masked it left and right and painted the white color. Once dry I masked the white side and painted the black side...... 

Then the moment of truth.... I removed the tons of masking tape..... and put the parts together...... some smaller mistakes... oversprays.... corrections.... but all together it looked well i think :) With a brush i made the corrections ... then sprayed a layer of future on it to protect the colors befor further steps. also the weahtering will follow lot of time later ....

Then the last steps on the superstructure.... I added the wooden decks..... 

Lot of PE-parts still missing... also lot of detail painting and other stuff... but this will come several time later .....  once the next two parts of the superstructure are also ready ... .)

That's it ..... (nothing glued together so far) .... 

dsc_7206_1024x678gvud3.jpg

dsc_7208_1024x678z8uy9.jpg

dsc_7209_1024x6788runz.jpg

dsc_7210_1024x678g5u3s.jpg

dsc_7212_1024x678acu4o.jpg

dsc_7214_1024x678dju6q.jpg

dsc_7215_1024x67862u04.jpg

dsc_7200_1024x678irujr.jpg

... Next step... starting the funnel .... :) 

QUESTION TO THE ExPERTS: What do you think.... at the white/black stripes... the insides of the covers of the fans and portholes... are these also black or maybe still grey? What do you think? 

Cheers

Micha

*** UPDATE ***

Starting with the already painted white/black stripes on the hull I marked the position on the first floor of the superstructure... my starting point. With thin tape I started to mark the stripes up to the highest point....several tries... lot of masking tape later... the stripe was ok. Then I masked it left and right and painted the white color. Once dry I masked the white side and painted the black side...... 
Then the moment of truth.... I removed the tons of masking tape..... and put the parts together...... some smaller mistakes... oversprays.... corrections.... but all together it looked well i think :) With a brush i made the corrections ... then sprayed a layer of future on it to protect the colors befor further steps. also the weahtering will follow lot of time later ....
Then the last steps on the superstructure.... I added the wooden decks..... 

Lot of PE-parts still missing... also lot of detail painting and other stuff... but this will come several time later .....  once the next two parts of the superstructure are also ready ... .)

That's it ..... (nothing glued together so far) ....

... Next step... starting the funnel .... :)

QUESTION TO THE ExPERTS: What do you think.... at the white/black stripes... the insides of the covers of the fans and portholes... are these also black or maybe still grey? What do you think? 

Cheers
Micha

I believe they were painted the same color as the camouflage color. Nice work on a difficult camouflage job. Two things I learn from building ships. photoetch will stick to anything that you don't want it to and you become a master at masking very small items!

Edited by LSP_Ron
Saving some finger energy not having to scroll through the pics twice

Thanks a lot :)  Was an absolutly ugly masking job :) :) 

@ Kev: Thanks for your help... I think the same, but still wondering about the "Otter-Gerät" for example... have they painted these as well in black/white? Or other tools hanging there? I do not know.... wondering .... :) 

Cheers Michael