F-15E Demonstrator

Harrison90

FINALLY finished all the bomb racks. Took longer than I thought but I am rather pleased with the result, especially as a lot of it will be difficult to see if possible to see at all. Plus, I got the wings on. Its coming together... slowly.

IMG_0845_zpsarr9hs7m.jpg

IMG_0846_zpso0qx84eg.jpg

IMG_0847_zpshqoi7zpo.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Harrison90

I am wanting to add some more visual interest to this plane, and am thinking of painting one of its pylons a navy grey or something as if it needed to be replaced or repaired. I hate super clean anything. It just doesn't feel as real to me, personally. Even though I know that this particular F-15 was probably very clean and tidy all the time. What do you guys think? Any other ideas to add some more interest to what would be an otherwise pretty clean jet?

Thanks 

Cheers

That looks really great so far!

I dont have any idea how to dirty it up, since it was just a demonstration aircraft.

Markus

That's the problem I'm having. I like the weather beaten and battle hardened look. This is just going to be to clean.

Not a great update here but there are a couple bombs to get through while I sand and fill and prime the rest of Eagle.

IMG_0848_zpsjnnsmiqk.jpg

IMG_0849_zpsdxydm9bb.jpg

IMG_0851_zpslaqvgs9l.jpg

IMG_0850_zpsqqxbvy95.jpg

And some really crummy news, while I was trying to remove the canopy seem line, the very old brittle plastic showed its true colours.

IMG_0853_zpswuokxu83.jpg

IMG_0852_zpsulr6afk1.jpg

Not sure how to fix this one, not without some sort of evidence of the crack.  :hmmm:

Cheers

It looks fantastic so far. The canopy thing is a pitty, though.

Maybe you could get a replacement from Revell. (service@revell.de)

They want kit number and parts number.

I know it is an old kit, but there have been numerous re-releases, so maybe you want to look up the kit number of a newer release.

Markus

I have talked to Revell and a new canopy is on its way. Unfortunately it will take 4-5 weeks! But whatever its needed and free. In the meantime I am just about to finish up the sanding and filling and then finally start giving it some colour. 

Cheers

Harrison,

give me your mailing address and I can send you a canopy if you will just send me the one Revell sends you when you get it.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long pause here. Just been filing and sanding and priming and filing and sanding, etc. Have managed to get some colour on this girl and a bit of fiddling with the canopies interior framing. 

IMG_0854_zpsq6ar2azk.jpg

IMG_0855_zpspl0i8ofd.jpg

IMG_0856_zpsbjowh6i3.jpg

IMG_0857_zpsvpvoaqun.jpg

The rear view mirrors:

IMG_0858_zpsba2iz5gd.jpg

Cheers!

Looks great!! I love the details on the canopy......they really add to it. The pre-shading is a bit too stark for me under the green, but that takes nothing away from a terrific build. Looking forward to more paint!