SWS #11 announced! Ta 152H-0 !!!

Wurzacher

This morning SPAModeler got new advertisement files to publish from our Japanese friends in Kyoto. On this advertisements Zoukei-mura first shows the announcement of SWS #11: the 1/32 scale Ta 152H-0!

Shown here is an extract from these files. I thought why not share it here with our friends on LSP? :coolio:

SWS-11-Ta-152H-0.jpg

It is a re-design of their long sold-out SWS #02 kit, the Ta 152H-1. More news as soon as we get it!

Maybe this is what Bill Cross had a photo of when he posted about the Fw-190 releases a week or two ago? ...

Everyone pointed out at the time that the photo was a Ta-152 ... and not an Fw-190D ... I pretty much assumed it was the current kit from there (Yes the anime kit can still be found - with everything from the original kit in the box!) ... but what if the assembled model was a peek at this one?

Rog :)

?????

The Ta-152 H-1 is not sold out, it is still available in another box (with manga style drawing and decals, but the original decals are also in the box).

However, it is a strange release, as the external differences between H-0 and H-1 are very minimal (if i am correct, the fuel caps beside the wing roots?).

I dont know if i would buy it, as i already have one H-1 (actually with a H-0 scheme, i guess ! :) ), and there was not many different schemes for the Ta-152, so there would be 2 almost identical aircraft in my display.

There's a lot more schemes choice for 190D's.

Edited by Zero77

... However, it is a strange release, as the external differences between H-0 and H-1 are very minimal (if i am correct, the fuel caps beside the wing roots?) ...

Maybe it's just a way of re-releasing an original boxing ... without releasing the original, again? - If theres not a lot to tell them apart?

Maybe this is what Bill Cross had a photo of when he posted about the Fw-190 releases a week or two ago? ...

Everyone pointed out at the time that the photo was a Ta-152 ... and not an Fw-190D ... I pretty much assumed it was the current kit from there (Yes the anime kit can still be found - with everything from the original kit in the box!) ... but what if the assembled model was a peek at this one?

Rog, IIRC Bill had posted a picture of the 1/48 scale Ta 152H-1 as it is shown from ZM on shows as the Nuremberg Toy Fair. So indeed it is the same type of aircraft, albeit different sub-type and scale.

The original Ta 152H-1 release is indeed sold out, as it is mentioned on ZM´s website. The kit itself still is available as the Manga, or SP series in a different box comprising all the plastic parts as the original SWS release #02. Nonetheless this original SWS #02 release is gone.

As many here will know the Ta 152H-0 was a series of about 20 pre-production aircraft build. The later series was re-designated Ta 152H-1 and differed by having additional six fuel tanks in the wings. This should be the only and most obvious difference between H-0 and H-1.

Rog, IIRC Bill had posted a picture of the 1/48 scale Ta 152H-1 as it is shown from ZM on shows as the Nuremberg Toy Fair. So indeed it is the same type of aircraft, albeit different sub-type and scale.

Ahhh ... Thanks for clearing that one up ... so in short: We're still getting an Fw190 release of some description this year - we just don't know when or what type?

The original Ta 152H-1 release is indeed sold out, as it is mentioned on ZM´s website. The kit itself still is available as the Manga, or SP series in a different box comprising all the plastic parts as the original SWS release #02. Nonetheless this original SWS #02 release is gone.

Yes I am aware ... I bought a couple of Anime ones for the stash a while ago (long after SWS #02 had sold out) ... I then scored a couple in original boxing (collectables!) ... I guess a lot of people view the early SWS releases as collectors items - judging by the prices that they sell at on e-Bay. The point on my next post was ... SWS #11 will be an "original boxing" of pretty much the same aircraft, with minor adjustments (and ... perhaps even including the same sprues and decals as the H-1??) ... The masses get access to an original boxing in grey plastic - Collectors don't feel let down ... win-win, I'm thinking :D

Hrmmmm.  Im sure many will be happy with this release and that is definitely a good thing as I want nothing more than for ZM to succeed in ALL its endeavors!

However, with this release basically being (for all intents and purposes) a repeat of a previously released kit, I have to say Im more than a bit disappointed.

So far, having got the file this morning, all I do know is what is written on the picture: it is a re-design of the previous SWS #02 kit. Given ZM´s dedication and attention for specific details I would be very surprised only to see the exactly same sprues in this new issue. This will not only be a simple re-box of the existing kit as far as I would go today. The specific differences will get ZM´s attention, but which and in how far, nobody knows as today.

...Ahhh ... Thanks for clearing that one up ... so in short: We're still getting an Fw190 release of some description this year - we just don't know when or what type?...

Rog, according to the diagram on Fw 190 radials ZM had been shown on several occasions during shows the first version should be a Fw 190A-3, the first kit of all to appear in their new SWS Basic Series. This new Basic series will be more like the "normal" plastic kits most manufacturers do these days, with reduced parts and detail in comparison to ZM´s SWS Standard Series. 

I have the file of this diagram of Fw 190 radial kits here with me. Will ask in Japan if I am allowed to place a link to it.

Rog, according to the diagram on Fw 190 radials ZM had been shown on several occasions during shows the first version should be a Fw 190A-3, the first kit of all to appear in their new SWS Basic Series.. 

That's good news. :)

So far, having got the file this morning, all I do know is what is written on the picture: it is a re-design of the previous SWS #02 kit.

Actually, it reads "Redesigned basing on the real H-0's materials". Since, as several others mentioned, the H-0 and H-1 were nearly identical except for the H-1's additional fuel tanks, it almost sounds like they'll be adding wooden parts for the fin, flaps and hatches. :P

As with some of the others, the difference between the H-0 and H-1 is minor enough that I'll just stick with the 3 ZM H-1 kits I already have. However, I am still mildly interested to see what they ZM does with the "redesign" of this one.

Also, I'm kind of amazed that the ZM Ta 152H-1 kit would be considered by anyone to be "long gone" when the 'Slipstream Edition' is readily available and contains exactly the same parts & decals. (plus extra parts and decals). Sure, the box art is different. But, does that really matter?

Maybe bringing it up to the standard of the 219 or 229?

LOL! Their Ta 152H-1 kit set the standard by which their He 219 and Go 229 were produced. Maybe you're looking at their simplified 1/48 Ta 152H kit and getting confused... :shrug:

D