1/32 Scheuch Schlepper

Radub

The KDF engine is a VW engine. I've rebuilt enough VW's to know.

Indeed, it was the same engine that was used on the KDF-Wagen (aka Wolkswagen Beetle), Kubelwagen and Schwimmwagen.

Radu

Thanks again everyone. 

Derek, I know you mentioned some interest in this but I had not idea you started work on it. 

Radu 

No problem Radu - it is a big pond with plenty of other fish to fry :)

Derek

Greetings Radub and other members

By chance I had found this post and was excited to see the renderings    superb!    have to say :)

My name is Manuel and I have been building models for some time. I try to do models that are not run of the mill....meaning not readily  available and somewhat off the wall   as example the scheuch schlepper.

I have been thinking about producing a model in both 1/18 and 1/6 scale~!    The 1/18 scale is explained by mentioning that I heard from a good source....the companys owner that a 1/18 scale Komet should be coming out on the market in the next 2 years. This is a fact because the owner of the company had travelled to China for the mold making process. The 1/6 scale....simple   GI Joe size    who would not want one:)

The problem is that i have drawings   and now your renderings to go by    but what I am missing is a drawing with dimensions. I even had a NASM record search done but nothing was found. Can anyone help me with this?

thanks and glad to be be a member

Manuel Thomas

Hi Manuel,

In as far as I know, there are no published drawings with dimensions.

This model is based on some measurements of a preserved machine and a lot of time-consumming research.

This artwork can be easily updated for kit in any other scale.

Do you represent a kit manufacturer?

Radu

Hi Manuel,

In as far as I know, there are no published drawings with dimensions.

This model is based on some measurements of a preserved machine and a lot of time-consumming research.

This artwork can be easily updated for kit in any other scale.

Do you represent a kit manufacturer?

Radu

Hi Radu

no no   just a person that loves to build   tinker and make .,.......:)   the scheuch schlepper and me - 163  has always been a favorite of mine. Just by chance I had contact with a person that owns a business ....who produces airplane models,     he was looking for drawings and I helped him out 

manuel

I am familiar with that project. It is quite impressive. In fact, as part of the research I familiarised myself with many known sources on the little tractor.

Unfortunately, those drawings you linked suffer from a number of dimensional inaccuracies.

Radu