AIRFIX 1/24 TYPHOON: UPDATE 1/29/15: It's ALIVE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

BUDDY BUILD UPDATE: 1/3/15: GETTING STARTED

John Smith, and I have been planning our Buddy Build around the Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon for quite some time and set a starting date for approximately the first week of January, which would allow us to finish up on going projects. During that time, we discussed which of the kit construction options and markings we would be leaning towards and which upgrades sets we would incorporate into the build. From the very start, the after market decisions were based on what we thought were coming down the road and only finalized each as they became available. The opening photos show the various AM sets I decided to use and we're still waiting for Roy's sets to be released in the next few weeks, so they can be added to our list. Eager to get down to business on the Typhoon project it was finally time to start out Buddy Build and set the Typhoon builds into motion.

John and I will each run a separate build thread, so the two builds won't become intertwined and confusing. My basic plan it to enhance the detailing with After Market sets and keep the finish relatively clean: Used but nor Abused.

Off and running

Next up: the fuselage tubular framework and wing spars.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

PCW_0833_zps2a411e92.jpg

PCW_0834_zpsa7b0e2a3.jpg

PCW_0835_zps79df2f1b.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Allright Peter....Thats a monster for shure......

Looking forward to se you do your magic with this one......

a note...if you are going for them Vallejos Model Air....test spray them before you use them...many do have problems with them modelair....various problems...also them pigments in certain colors are thicker....as i use them but only certain colors here, avoid vallejos black, that is useles, perfect to brush, but thru airbrush....no.

just heads up there buddy.

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Hi Mal

Going to be a fun build, as John and I have been bouncing ideas off of each other for a while. Thanks for the heads up on the Vallejo Model Air Paints. I have been using them quite a bit lately and am getting quite fond of them. Their range of colors is excellent, readily available in the states.  I have been testing each before use, as I'm with you in the pigment is different and some need a bit of thinner, whether their owe or Ultimate Thinner. I strictly use Vallejo Model Color for brush work and the Air Model for air brush work. See how it goes - you know me, always dancing with re-dos.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

So far with Model Air, I haven't really needed any thinner and I shoot at 12 psi static. If I do need to thin I have their Aairbrush Thinner (71-361) which is clear and also Ultimate Airbrush Thinner which works just a swell.

Peter

WOOOHOOOOOO  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic: 

Peter, i cant wait to see you get started on her

This is a kit i have been salivating over since it came out, and with your skills it will turn out a MASTERPIECE...so with all the extras, good Lord lol

I'll be following every step along with you im sure as usual there is going to be ALOT for me to learn my friend...

Really, im looking forward to the start of your build  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Karim

you know me, always dancing with re-dos.

Peter

Yep, as do i, as do i...

Redos is never fun, but hey..they shure do build skills sometimes, quickiest way of learning is that in fact errors...i learn my fast ill ashure yoy buddy as i know you do to buddy.

there is a reason for everything i think to take lessons from ;)

/Mal

Yep, as do i, as do i...

Redos is never fun, but hey..they shure do build skills sometimes, quickiest way of learning is that in fact errors...i learn my fast ill ashure yoy buddy as i know you do to buddy.

there is a reason for everything i think to take lessons from ;)

/Mal

I completely agree with you Mal... Peter, you made me laugh lol

redoing stuff is something we both have had to get accustomed to lately  :P