No WNW Christmas joy for me!

vince14

Well, after a few stiff whiskeys I've surveyed the damage. As you'll imagine, the boxes, decals and instructions are write-offs. Most of the plastic seems to have survived, although there are some broken spures and it appears some parts have come off the runners - I'll have to check whether any parts are actually missing. And they smell terrible.

Have emailed WNW - not their fault, obviously, but I'm hoping I can get replacements. The DH.9a was going to be a Christmas gift, so I really need that replacing in full. The only good news is that ParcelForce took sympathy on me and decided not to charge me the Import Duty!

Vince

Well, after a few stiff whiskeys I've surveyed the damage. As you'll imagine, the boxes, decals and instructions are write-offs. Most of the plastic seems to have survived, although there are some broken spures and it appears some parts have come off the runners - I'll have to check whether any parts are actually missing. And they smell terrible.

Have emailed WNW - not their fault, obviously, but I'm hoping I can get replacements. The DH.9a was going to be a Christmas gift, so I really need that replacing in full. The only good news is that ParcelForce took sympathy on me and decided not to charge me the Import Duty!

Vince

That would have been the limit ! Paying duty for an unusable product that may go directly to the trashcan because it was destroyed in the transport that would have be the shame of the shame !

By the way, does the tracking number provided by WNW work for you? For me it never works on the NZ post tracking system. It seems rather be a reference number than a tracking number.

Edited by Zero77

It must depend of the destination and/or the mail service that will take care of the delivery. It seems that deliveries in the US are very fast (about a week), while it can take up to 4 or 5 weeks for a delivery in France. We should replace our horse-mounted postmen. :)

However sometimes it's faster, last week i've received an order shipped on 29th November. Seems that smaller the parcel is, faster it's delivered. And less risk for it to be stuck and taxed through customs.

So I've been eagerly awaiting the delivery of two Wingnut Wings kits - the DH.9a and Hansa-Brandenburg W.12. Sadly, this is what greeted me today...

10865979_10152480780097050_4940361771305

10548072_10152480780167050_3813965354910

The package is completely sodden, so I'm guessing that at some point during transit it got very wet and the box lost all structural integrity. I guess that, at some point between dispatch and arrival, Santa decided that I'd been a very bad boy this year! sad.gif

I will bet the post man did this.....

Thats like a little wet. If you had shipping insurance wont they refund you?

I remember years back we ordered new deck rails for my dads boat they are 4sections of 25ft aluminium rail. When the delivered them 3 where stait one was bent at 90degrees.. the shipping company first rwply was . This is how it should be ..... 3 strait one angled!! They eventually paid for a new one

Thats like a little wet. If you had shipping insurance wont they refund you?

I remember years back we ordered new deck rails for my dads boat they are 4sections of 25ft aluminium rail. When the delivered them 3 where stait one was bent at 90degrees.. the shipping company first rwply was . This is how it should be ..... 3 strait one angled!! They eventually paid for a new one

WNW are sorting it all out for me, and they'll claim the money back from the NZ Postal Service.