AModel Be-12P 1/144th - 5th Nov - FINISHED

Radders

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, sorry for not posting much.. Been quite busy, got side tracked etc and I'm suffering with chronic back pain (have been for years but it's got worse over the last year!) and it's taking it's toll, as is the medication... But I'm OK otherwise ;)

It's getting done for Scale Model World in a few weeks and this is where it's at now.. few minor touch ups in places needed around the cockpit, undercarriage to be painted, wheels to fit, props to fit, some last glazing bits, ariels and then it should be as good as done. There is a white & red stripe decal for the top but if you know Amodel decals you will know how much fun I had *trying* to get it over that lovely curve / bump around the top wing root... sadly it didn't happen and the decals munched up into a million pieces... So once SMW is out the way, I will mask it off and paint it.

Thanks for checking in...

21581797729_0f4b45eb1d_c.jpgAmodel 1/144th Be-12P by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

21757000632_8eb3ce5e80_c.jpgAmodel 1/144th Be-12P by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

Edited by Radders

Guest Peterpools

Radders

So sorry to hear you back pains have taken a turn for the worse. Anyone who suffers, surely knows your pain.

The Be-12P is simply a gem and absolutely wonderfully done.

There always seems to be something in a build that never goes according to plan.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Wow Radders, that's some really brilliant work in 1/144. Don't think I've ever seen such a convincing scale effect in that scale, usually it's trenchy panel lines and paint that's off in one way or another.

Hope your back gets better, back pain is a horrible thing.

Cheers

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that looks brilliant Radders! Surely you have time to mask and paint the top section before Telford?

Wishing you a speedy recovery with your back, too.

Kev

Sadly not, I'm in agony Kev, I have tried masking it but it's so fiddley I can't get my head around it....! I think after SMW I'm going to re-do it anyway as a Ukraine Navy version... as I'd need to buy a new kit for the replacement decals.. Amodel don't seem to send stuff out...

Thanks everyone for the replies though re:my back (I've got a 3 week intense physiotherapy session coming up which should help! Here's hoping anyway LOL) I can now say it's done....

If anyone here is at Scale Model World at the weekend it'll be on the 580 Modellers Club stand :)

Thanks for looking

22402085429_71d1d3e25d_c.jpgAmodel 1/144th Be-12P RA-00073 by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

22767997546_590ca8349f_c.jpgAmodel 1/144th Be-12P RA-00073 by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

Well, that's turned out brilliantly well, mate! Sorry to hear that your back is still not good. If I were you, though, I'd just leave this, and either call it done as is, or come back to it when your back allows, and finish the missing bits. I think it looks too nice as it is to refinish it.

Great work! And have fun at Telford. Don't forget to drop in on Iain and the guys as the 32SIG/LSP stand.

Kev