Airfix Typhoon - AM SETS

Guest Peterpools

Just received a set of Master RP-3 Rocket Rails for the Typhoon.  All I can say is, these are superb!   Exquisite detail right down to the tails and clips and a significant improvement over kit parts.  At nearly US$50.00 a set, they're not cheap, but if detail is what you're after, you can't go wrong here.

Jerry Peterson

Just got my set today. OMG! :frantic: They are amazing! I couldn't resist assembling one with warhead and tailfins. The fit is superb and is going to look amazing painted up. Makes me want to start the kit right away just to show off the rockets!

Ray

Just got my set today. OMG! :frantic: They are amazing! I couldn't resist assembling one with warhead and tailfins. The fit is superb and is going to look amazing painted up. Makes me want to start the kit right away just to show off the rockets!

Ray

Ray, how about a review? :whistle:

Kev

Ray

Are these readily available yet or do you have pre-production samples?

I only ask as I cannot find them on the Master/Hannants websites.

Tony

Guest Peterpools

Talk about hard metal gear. The gear Paul Fisher used in the Sea Fury seams to be as hard and as strong as steel! Never a thought in my mind about the gear not holding the weight and the Sea Fury is a very heavy model

Peter

Talk about hard metal gear. The gear Paul Fisher used in the Sea Fury seams to be as hard and as strong as steel! Never a thought in my mind about the gear not holding the weight and the Sea Fury is a very heavy model

Peter

Isn't the Sea Fury gear bronze or brass? I think G-Factor actually does the casting on it. The reason I asked about the Aeroclub set is I believe there may be a set in the works through G-Factor in white bronze.  Not sure on a timeline, just kind of assume it will happen.

Matt  :frantic:

the aero legs are in lead free pewter

i am no metallurgist, and my only contact with pewter are the jugs belonging to some of the locals at my pub, which hang up behind the bar :)

presumably the lead free bit is what makes them hard?