Where are Hobbycraft kits?

fastzx

Most of the early Hobbycraft kits were poor copies of other manufacturers' kits.

Eventually they started making their own kits from from scratch. They were also re-boxing some Trumpeter kits too. Going the other way, some of their kits have been re-boxed by Academy so hopefully that will be the case with the early Mustang kits.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

I think Wheels and Wings in Toronto had the Sea Fury kits in their basement. You could email them and ask. Ivan from the store is on here to do you could email him as well.

Hope that helps.

Carl

I saw at least two of the Furys at Model Land in Calgary just last week.

I don't know if buying from Canada is a viable option, but I could give it a try. The Fisker one does look tempting though... choices, choices...

I remember the "Good Old Days" when Hobby Lobby had all the HC re-boxed Trumpeter kits. I was snatching them up every time a 50% off sale was going on.  Grabbed an F-105, MIG 17, P-40B, and a Corsair.  Still kicking my butt for not grabbing that P-38 for $50.

If you are talking about in 1/48 the P-40E they did early in their history was a copy of someone elses. Probably Otaki or Revell.

The P-40 F/L kits from several years ago are the AMT kits.

The 1/32 P-40 B/C is a Trumepeter kit.....

Cheers

Max Bryant 

One of my local shops has a wall full of the Mustangs, the owner often buys kits from liquidators. I should take a picture of this pile.

I think he has the kits marked at $29.99 and he has a promotion for these kits of buy one get the second for 50% off.

Just seems like some clarification talk to me.  I personally would not want to buy something in 1/48 by accident.  :mental:

I actually did that- bought a Hasegawa P-40 from someone, seemed a pretty good price.  When it came it was smaller than I expected.  Looked back in the correspondence and after I overlooked "1/48" in the listing, neither of us said anything that would have caught the mistake.  Oh well, happy to have another 48th one, but I wouldn't have paid THAT for it!  Dumb.

p.s. So, Scooby, where's this hobby shop you mention?

Edited by gingerbob