1/32 Trumpeter A-10A Warthog converted to an A-10C

chuck540z3

Looks great!

I was hoping you would come over here.  This is the best modeling forum on the interwebs bar none.

Will you at least cross post your next WIP over here?

Thanks again guys!  As far as changing forums is concerned, I just can't and I really don't want to.  This is not the first time that I have been asked to do so by a few LSP members, so let me explain.   I have made many "cyber-friends" over at ARC and to change the focus of my on-line modeling to LSP would mean that something over at ARC ticked me off enough to do so, which is not true at all.  As mentioned earlier, I still think that the quality of aircraft modeling here at LSP is second to none and better than ARC- overall.  Having said that, I think there are many more modelers at ARC who can help me, as I try to help them, so I stick with what I'm most comfortable with.  Still, I do check out this site often and if I don't participate very much in this and other LSP forums, its because of the following.  Posting WIP threads in any modeling forum is extremely time consuming and doing one at ARC is tough enough to begin with.  If I posted the same stuff here, it would double the time required to link photographs and respond to every question.  I tried that once and I became overwhelmed, so right now I'm stuck with ARC and very happy to do so.  I hope you understand.

I certainly understand where you're coming from Chuck, and I appreciate that you take the time to post your terrific models here. However...

If I posted the same stuff here, it would double the time required to link photographs and respond to every question.

...it doesn't have to be that way! Since ARC and LSP use the same forum software, simply copying what you post at ARC verbatim (out of the edit window), and pasting into an edit window here, will duplicate the post exactly, image links and all. It takes no time at all, other modifying any ARC-specific comments.

Anyway, not trying to be pushy, but if that info makes the idea of dual-posting more attractive, we'd love to see you try again.

Kev

Thanks Kevin.  I'll give it a try.  I have a 1/32 Trumpeter P-38L with a lot of aftermarket stuff that is just dying to be glued together in a "restored bird" scenario.  Perfect (well, I'll try) NMF with almost no weathering and I don't care about accuracy, because it won't be necessary.  I just want this baby to be pretty.  Stay tuned- and again thanks.

Thanks Kevin.  I'll give it a try.  I have a 1/32 Trumpeter P-38L with a lot of aftermarket stuff that is just dying to be glued together in a "restored bird" scenario.  Perfect (well, I'll try) NMF with almost no weathering and I don't care about accuracy, because it won't be necessary.  I just want this baby to be pretty.  Stay tuned- and again thanks.

Awesome!

Kev

Guest Peterpools

Chick

Looking forward to the P-38 build and you know me when it comes to spit and polish NMF. You you'll give Kev suggestion and try and if not, I'll be following on ARC

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 1 month later...

Here's some more pics I posted over on ARC so I thought I'd do the same thing here, but not from another shoot.  The pics are over 6300 pixels wide, so here's some close-ups of some of them I don't think I've shown before.  I have to say, now that some time has passed since November when I finished this build, I like it more than ever.  :D

NewTop1.jpg

NewTop22.jpg

NewTop3.jpg

NewTop4.jpg

NewTop5.jpg

NewTop6.jpg

NewTop7.jpg

NewTop8.jpg

NewTop9.jpg

NewTop10.jpg

Edited by chuck540z3

Thanks again guys!  I REALLY appreciate the warm comments here at LSP, especially when the quality of builds and the skill of modelers here is so high.

Bootiful!! Can I suggest adding some Remove Before Flight items?  Very very neat though!

Tim

Thanks Tim.  I often struggle with the inclusion of RBF flags on my builds, which admittedly look very realistic on a parked jet, but they also force you to cover items I want to show off.  On a parked A-10C with red flags all over the place, the intakes and exhausts of the engines are also likely covered if you want it to look realistic, as well as the seeker heads on the AIM-9L/M missiles.  Vent holes are also filled, red covers are on the AOA vane and other items with a lot of detail I spent so much time trying to get right, are now hidden.  The other small issue is that you can never have enough RBF flags and covers, because on a real jet they are everywhere, so where do you stop?!

Sort of related to the above, is also why you'll never see little men and pilots in or around my builds.  I think that getting a model aircraft to look like the real deal is hard enough and to stick a toy soldier next to it kills the whole effect I'm looking for.  This is not always true, of course, and I have seen many excellent dioramas with human characters and aircraft that look really sharp.  More often than not, in my opinion, the human figurines are not up to the quality of the aircraft, so they detract from the build rather than enhance it.  Anyway, that's just me and I know that many would disagree, so no offense intended to those who do.

Edited by chuck540z3