The Huff in 1/32 (F-86F) the dragon is onboard

oppenheimer

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

I'm 100% positive, that if you didn't point out the tiny portion of the carrier film, none of us would have ever know. When it comes to decaling over a NMF, I'm 100% chicken and always cut all the carries film away, The stencil data is a whole new ballgame and I've never come as close as you have to a perfect finish

Peter.

Edited by Peterpools

thanks for your kind words on my work, i like my work but also i am the first critic on my work too, what i dont like on the right wing is in this picture, on the picture it looks like a dirty wing but when you look at it in the real world it loks ugly, i will try to fix it today

_MG_6701a_zpshw4tgovd.jpg

Zak i used MAKETAR's stencils for the insignias, they are a pain in the ........ but if you have patience you can get a nice insignia on your model

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

Is your guess the stains are from a setting solution? I'm thinking more along the lines of 2000 or 4000 polishing cloth and then 12,000 ... nothing but to remove but the very top layer of Alclad  and then a delicate and tight re-spray. I'm not sure if this is possible without working into the "U" but it's an idea that shouldn't cause any damage.

What's your take?

Peter

Amazing finish !

Honestly i was not able to find out what was the problem with the right wing. The stains looked like weathering. But that's true that when we have spoted a flaw on our model, we cannot see anything else until it's corrected ! (even if nobody else can notice it)