"Scorpion" IAF F-16 Barak Block 40 *pic heavy*

FunkyZeit

Jolly Roger, yes sir!

If you decide you want to make intake covers I suggest you trace the intake before it's glued onto the fuselage. Trace it from the inside to get a rough idea of the size. Trace onto thin plasticard with a pen or whatever works best for you. When you're at the stage to build the cover, cut it on the pen lines and test fit it. I had to trim mine down quite a bit as when the glove is over top, it will eat up a lot of space. Take a nitrile glove (I used green) and cut a oval piece, wrap it around the plasticard and tape it to the back of the card with tamiya tape. Don't worry too much about it being super secure as the inside of the intake will keep positive pressure on the glove. Then cut 2 strip of tamiya tape, one longer than the other. Take the smaller strip and tape it to the back of the longer strip, leaving a small sticky side on each end of the tape, this is your handle. Tape it down however the handle is oriented on your specific aircraft. Use Tamiya "Italian Red" and spray onto the cover. It took 2 coats for me as the paint does not stick well on the glove, be careful of overspray as the paint will run on the glove. Spray a matte coat after and you're all done!

Most people use plastic wrap or tin foil to make the cover, I took a chance and used a glove, this may be an original idea, I'm not sure but I hope it comes of use to more people.

I modelled it after the 1900 I fly, and thought it looked realistic. If you've ever seen a 16 up close, you can easily fit two full size men into the intake.. Don't ask me how I know ;) so I'd imagine it's just a red painted board.

Hope this helps

Justin

Edited by FunkyZeit