1/32 Tamiya Mosquito (Merged)

ScoobyDoo

The simple fact is that for most people in the hobby budget is a concern. You can't say it isn't because I see comments all the time like "I'll have to sell a kidney" "I don't know which version I'll buy since I can only justify paying for it once" and all the similar comments.

That being said, a lot of folks are only going to be buying one 1/32 Mosquito. My thinking is that Tamiya's brand reputation alone is a big enough blow to HK nevermind the reputation of Tamiya's recent 1/32 kits. The Mustang and Corsair practically build themselves. Now they've thrown that enginerring and inginuity into the Mosquito and I don't think HK has a chance. They will sale, but they just lost a bunch of sales.

The simple fact is that for most people in the hobby budget is a concern. You can't say it isn't because I see comments all the time like "I'll have to sell a kidney" "I don't know which version I'll buy since I can only justify paying for it once" and all the similar comments.

That being said, a lot of folks are only going to be buying one 1/32 Mosquito. My thinking is that Tamiya's brand reputation alone is a big enough blow to HK nevermind the reputation of Tamiya's recent 1/32 kits. The Mustang and Corsair practically build themselves. Now they've thrown that enginerring and inginuity into the Mosquito and I don't think HK has a chance. They will sale, but they just lost a bunch of sales.

Even where budget's not a concern, size and subject interest are. 

I'd also toss distribution and variant choice in Tamiya's favor. Tamiya has a well-established and much deeper distribution network than HK, and the FB.VI has always struck me as the more popular of the two - but that could be biased from seeing so many Airfix builds.

I really hope the HK kit does well - I love what they're doing and the ingenuity they put into how they molded their Mossie is stunning - I want to see more of that. But yeah a Tamiya Mossie landing right on top of theirs is going to sting.

Mmmm i smell a little anti HK going on............AGAIN!!!!!! oh well "small things"..........

I dont think thats the case. I LOVE HK, and their philosophy very much, and I think most folks around here do too. Their B-25 was a great build for me, and I definitely plan on getting more of their stuff, its just that after owning and building Tamiya kits AND KH kits, while HK has some of the best new tool kits around IMHO, Tamiya is at the top of the food chain.......................I would suspect is has very little if anything to do with people not liking HK, and has everything to do with Tamiya producing the best prop kits available.

Kinda like wondering why people choose the #1 best something or other over the #2 best something or other; They simply deem Tamiya superior to the lesser known KH, weather that holds actual water or not.

To me, Tamiya is the only company I would purchase a 1/32nd model from sight unseen. Though HKs stuff is indeed VERY nice, I just cant say that about them right now, not really having the same reputation as Tamiya does..........................yet. Maybe they will someday?

Edited by Out2gtcha

I´m pretty sure Xtradecals will bring some new sheets in 1/32 scale

The great thing about the Avaeology sheets are the comprehensive instructions with scale drawings, such as the missile and tank set up on the Banff Strike aircraft.

Was just a thought

That was also just my opinion only, others may vary and may indeed not like HK. Not the case for me and those I know, but as it said not often enough, each to their own. I know for sure Ill buy more HK stuff myself, just would choose the Tam Mossie over the HK mossie as it sits today.