Bf-109 G-10 Erla Revell

Nic C.D.

Thank you all for the very nice feedback! I really appreciate it!

I took another photo of the built kit (same position as in the photo of the real machine) and transformed it in black and white. After this, I scanned the photo of the real Green 7, cut out the aircraft and replaced it with the black and white photo of the kit.

This is the result:

Foto-GN7NLKIV-D.jpg

I thought it would be cool, and I have to say that compared to the real Green 7, there isn't very much contrast in the camouflage. And those fuselage bands don't look too bad either ! What do you think?

Kev', I'll be sending you the larger photos by mail! Thanks for considering it!

And Anders, I guess the next G-10 I'll build will probably be one from your Barracuda sets!

Thanks all for stopping by!

Nic

Edited by Nic C.D.

That's looking really cool! You could perhaps boost the brightness and contrast of the model and it would merge even better with the background. Already shows how good the build is though.

If you do one based on the Barracuda sheets make sure to send pictures to Roy, I'm sure he'd like to put it in his gallery on the website. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with! :)

Thanks for publishing it Kevin ! 

And thanks for stopping by Ads, Matt and Anders, I'll be building another one pretty soon ! The 109 mojo is far from over; I got some work done on an Eduard E-4, very nice looking kit! But those late war 109's are fun - can't wait to get a couple more Revell G-6 en G-10 kits going! I also plan to start a Trumpeter G-6 - she's got an engine, she has !

Take care !

Nic

Thanks everyone ! Nice (and very motivating) to get your feedback. A friend of mine is finishing the same kit of the same aircraft (Green 7), but did it monotone darkgreen. I'll post some photos of it and of both in black & white to show the difference.

It will probably show that with those late war Luftwaffe colour, you can never be sure!

Nic

Thanks Filippo! The groudwork is from MiniNatur and is straight out of the box. They have many different types of base material, even for different periods in the year. This one is late summer, but you can have spring, winter, even automn with leaves and dirt on the grass. Pretty cool actually. I found it at my LHS here in Brussels.

Nic