1/32 Horten Ho 229 - even more pictures

Wurzacher

It'll be a shame to cover up all that detail... I can see doing one up and going to town on the structure and having the clear skin. As for the cam painted version, detailing only the structures that will be seen. Either way I'll be getting three of these. And I got a reply to my comment from the president of the company thanking me for my comments on their blog... from what he's saying the 335 will be even better than the Horten !!!!

:frantic:

Vaughn

Edited by spacewolf

I really want a few of these.  I see a Kettenkrad pulling a 229 out of the hanger, With a second in the final stages of begging built in the back. The third has to be made flying!!!!  Those clean lines :piliot:  

I think I have a problem? Just counted how many books I have on this on aircraft  ( Six )  Still missing the Monagram one to? :doh:

Cheers

Vandy, you can order a 1/32 Kettenkraftrad with them while you're at it. 

I ordered one a couple of months ago for my diorama, along with photoetch and figures. If you're interested I could write a little review. Can tell you already that the parts on the sprues look very crisp. 

I am planning on at least 3, and 6 if I can swing it just to have.   I wish I were back in Grad school now, instead of the 80's.  With today's computing power, it would be a fun masters or PHD thesis to build this in the computer and perform a complete computational aerodynamic flight test program, exploring flight characteristics of the jet with the flight control systems of that day, as compared to a modern fly-by -wire computerized control system.  Just think, this jet was designed less than 40 years after the Wright brother first took to the sky.

Food for thought and rambling on, feel like a kid in the candy store.

Gary

To paint, or not to paint that is the question! I may have to try to afford two of these!

Exactly!

That's my quandary right now...........I really want to to a 1/2 clear, 1/2 wood and metal HortOn (lol) On the other hand I think it looks so cool painted up that for the first time ever, I dont think I would have an issue painting another 229 in what if Hitler got his act together and got the 229 into production 3 or 4 years earlier in Africa desert scheme..............  :hmmm:

Edited by Out2gtcha

Here you go Roy   No Photo etch, But did add a brake cable! http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s558/Vandy1vx4/100_4914_zps52aea4bc.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s558/Vandy1vx4/100_4891_zps94145eb8.jpg  Starter cart also from ZM.

Now for the dimension's of a LUFTWAFFE HANGER :evil_laugh:       ?

I also have the ID or Combat vacuum form kit of the 229. It will have BMW 003 motors in it.

Any one have the dimension's of a WWII  Luftwaffe hanger? :please:

Cheers

As some of you know, I am not a great fan of WWII Luftwaffe aircrafts.

But this one looks like it is going to be the best ZM kit in their philosophy, and is growing on me ... On top of it, there is no need to paint it with swastikas ...

I am in the 50/50 camp on the clear parts. As Thierry points out, the hard and brittle plastic and toy-like appearance are against the concept. But they are totally appropriate for THIS aircraft, to which the wings were not even attached before the US troops found it. They are also a good way of not wasting the "handcrafted" structure (a bit like the 1930's US racers), in a shape that was unique and so advanced it would not look totally out of place today. So in the end I may be tempted by the kit with clear parts.

Hubert.

I am excited for you guys (or better with you).

Again, this is not my type of airplane and again ZM is my type of model producer.

No, I do not want to steel this thread but I sincerely hope they do a Phantom (any type). And I know they will, Shigeta san loves it  :rolleyes:

Jozef

@Vandy: nice work! Like the camouflage pattern of the Kettenkrad.

Slightly ontopic while replying to Vandy's question about the hangar: I don't think it will be very easy to find measurements of a Luftwaffe hangar. I've only seen few photos. These are topic-atmospheric pictures to give you a start of an idea:

go_2291.jpg

Horten_Ho9_hangar_1.jpg

Horten_Ho9-hangar_3.jpg

ho_ix_construction_2.jpg

Here pics of other Hortens that might be a source of inspiration for a small dio:

ho252_1.jpg

ho226_4.jpg

ho226_1.jpg

Edited by Roy vd M.