model master RLM mixes

Granger Davis

I'm curious to see if there is a chart for mixing RLM colors from model master paint. I've heard that their RLM 70 and 71 are way off. since I use almost exclusively Model Master enamals, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a chart to make these colors more accurate with mixtures, or if anyone knows from first hand experience a better way. Thanks for any help that you guys may have for me!

On pages 8 & 9 of MMP Books Bf109 Late Versions Camouflage & Markings there is a quantity call-out for mixing some RLM colors using CMYK (Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black).  If you can track down matches to these process colors and buy the publication, you can mix your own.

Sincerely,

Mark

MM RLM 70 and 71 really are off. After unsuccessfully mixing my own for years, I finally managed to get some old Aeromaster 70 and 71 enamels. Supposedly, Humbrol has recently released really nice 70 and 71 enamels, but I haven't used them yet:

Humbrol 70 http://www.humbrol.com/shop/paints/enamel-paints/aa2241-241-rlm-70-schwartzgrun-matt-14ml-enamel-paint/

Humbrol 71

HTH,

D

I will check with my local hobby shop to see if he can get some of that Humbrol paint. here in southern Illinois, Model Master paints are absolutely bed most readily available paints.

Granger,

Check out Sprue Brothers they list both Acrylic and Enamel Humbrol paints,

Mike Horina

Who sells these humbrol colors in the U.S. I have checked a few on line sellers but no luck so far. And what is the general opinion of the Vallejo line of acrylics?

Thanks

Paul

I saw what looked like the entire Humbrol line at Hobby Town the other day. Did not check to see what RLM colors they had.

I use White Ensign a lot - whenever i can. First of all because it's a fantastic paint to paint with and also my (color accuracy nut) friend says they are very accurate...

I dont know how the supply situation is for that in the US or down under, but I can really recommend it.

Not sure it helps with your current quest,,, :hmmm:

I absolutely loathe to airbrush Humbrol... brush painting is fine, but not airbrushing

Edited by Thomas Lund

Learned some more on the Humbrol. On their main UK site store they list many of the more frequently called out RLM colors. All are available but whe you try to do an order at checkout you get a message this color can't be sold in your country.

From there I went to http://hornbyamerica.com

They offer many of these same Humbrol paints of the RLM colors. From what I could tell they did not have the RLM 81 82 and 83.

But still at a good price and most are available.

Paul