next 1/32 Kitty Hawk kit OV-10 KH32003

KAGNEW

Glen, only one observation.... Aren't the PE parts on top of the wings supossed to be 90 degrees to the shown position... Here they look like airbrakes where in actuality they are parallel to the airflow and are wing fences to keep airflow streamlined over the rear of the wing?? Please let us know!

Cheers

Alan

Alan The model is right They are roll spoilers. They are connected to the ailerons so only one set should be up at a time. Like on the P-61 Black Widow

Glen, only one observation.... Aren't the PE parts on top of the wings supossed to be 90 degrees to the shown position... Here they look like airbrakes where in actuality they are parallel to the airflow and are wing fences to keep airflow streamlined over the rear of the wing?? Please let us know!
Cheers
Alan

You can see the slots in the top of the wing in these link

https://www.google.com/search?q=ov-10+bronco+wing&biw=1708&bih=761&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=jiQZVLmBAsH6iwKG14CwDw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=0.8#tbm=isch&q=ov-10+bronco+&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=6bVnxXVv00UpWM%253A%3BMXM-Jtyesu1gJM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ov-10bronco.net%252FPix%252FOBA%252FGermanWing%252Fov-10b_bronco_crash_kemble_uk_2012-07-10_01.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ov-10bronco.net%252F%3B480%3B360

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Indeed they are. Vandy is correct, as you will normally not see them deployed at all while parked if flying surfaces are in the neutral position.

$79.99, due mid Oct.!  :m0152:

KittyHawk introduces their newest 1:32 scale kit, the USAF OV-10D "Bronco" light attack/FAC aircraft (KH 32003). This kit is certain to be popular with all the fans of 1:32 scale aircraft and especially USAF aircraft. Many modelers have personal experience with this aircraft. It is complete with a full interior, weapons load and engine detail. The retail price is $79.95 

http://www.pacmodelscatalog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PCM&Product_Code=KH+32003&Category_Code=KH+132

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Indeed they are. Vandy is correct, as you will normally not see them deployed at all while parked if flying surfaces are in the neutral position.

Actually no.  The control lock, is a strap that wraps around the stick and connects to the right canopy sill that pulls the stick to the right aft corner of travel.  So the with the locks installed you'll see the right aileron full up and full up elevator.  Further there are split trim tabs on all three surfaces, ailerons and elevator.  One section of the tab is directly connoted to the main surfaces and causes the that portion of the tab to move opposite the surface.  The other section of the tab is pilot controlled.

Timmy!

Actually no.  The control lock, is a strap that wraps around the stick and connects to the right canopy sill that pulls the stick to the right aft corner of travel.  So the with the locks installed you'll see the right aileron full up and full up elevator. 

True.  However what I was referencing was the fact that almost every one of the later OV-10s I have climbed around of do not seem have the locks engaged, and some like the fire-bombers and one German demonstrator I found dont seem have the locks installed at all and/or have the controls resting completely neutral, thus not letting any of the spoilers show-

ov10bronco.jpg

Edited by Out2gtcha

And you sir are correct as well, I don't think it understood your post completely.  The spoilers are mechanically connected to the ailerons so if they are in a neutral position then no spoilers would be showing.  I am a little biased as the one I built was a Marine bird and as such, the Marine OV-10s would nearly always be seen with the control locks installed.  All that aside, personally I think the surfaces displaced on a model adds interest...but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it; which is what you were onto from the beginning.

Cheers,

Timmy!

All that aside, personally I think the surfaces displaced on a model adds interest...but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it; which is what you were onto from the beginning.

I really agree with that!  I also think the additions of said spoilers in PE adds all the more realism. I do like the visual interest adding the locks engaged would add as well.

• 7 months later...