1/32 Messerschmitt Me 262A-2a

DoogsATX

The cockpit is starting to come together. Wishing I had a definitive reference! I have a LOT of references for the Me 262 cockpit, including tons of photos, 3D renderings, plan views etc, and THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT. I'm kind of picking and choosing.

IMG_20131129_020209_zpsba78df5d.jpg

IMG_20131129_020024_zpsc68ae425.jpg

IMG_20131129_020139_zps67849355.jpg

IMG_20131129_020105_zps591e44fb.jpg

It's amazing how rough so much of this looks at multiple times its normal size...the gauge surrounds in particularly look lumpy and nasty. Wonder if it's a function of my cell phone's camera.

Anyway...haven't started in with the various sticks, knobs and wires yet, so all of that is next.

Calling the cockpit done. Well, except for the gunsight which won't go in until much later.

One happy discovery today was the amazingness of Vallejo Game Color Washes - used them on the HGW belts and was blown away how well they did. I've usually dismissed acrylic washes in the past...time to reasses!

996635_547004675389318_688151668_n.jpg

On to the rest of the cockpit. It got a treatment with AK Dust Effects...the aircraft I'm doing was abandoned in a field so I wanted to go a bit dirty in the cockpit.

file_zpscc2126a4.jpg

file_zpsdd2ebb8e.jpg

file_zps6d023c7c.jpg

file_zps34b30544.jpg

Beautiful work. The cockpit looks great, I especially like your IP - much better than the PE - and the seat, lovely leather effect and cool seat belts.

That is one great kit huh? Did one a few years ago, but I did add some weight to it to avoid tail sitting. I'm actually amazed your's dont sit on the tail. I added two large bolts along the nose gear well under the gun bay. Far forward and out of the way...

Sure looks like a great kit, I've hesitated many times to buy one, but seeing you progress on it ... I guess next time I'm in the shop, I'll buy or order one! Well, a nightfighter-version, that is !

I agree with Thomas: very nice work on the cockpit and the IP looks very good indeed! Looking forward to more!

Nic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Matt

Terrific on the front office and thanks for the word on the Vallejo Game Color Washes, as the seatbelts look perfect.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

End of cleanup is in sight...need to paint up the Revi gunsight and install so I can install the windscreen.

IMG_20140106_011222_zpspmtlzdks.jpg

I also (finally) snagged a right-sized drill bit to bore out the Barracuda wheels. Combined with ten seconds work of some sprue cutters in the port gear mount, I've gotten the collapsed maingear sorted...

06201405255_zpsgjwsp3zx.jpg

doogsATX,  Excellent work on the cockpit and it looks very real.  Thanks for the tip on Vallejo Game Color Washes.  Will have to give them a try. Keep up the good work and will be following very closely your build since I have a few of these 262's in the stash.  I also like your idea of a abandoned in the field 262.  Dan