Revell Bf109G detailed pre-build review!

Artful69

Awesome! I'm more excited about this kit with every new look at it.

Most useful and well done - thanks !!!!

What is really good ... is the 'two man' style used ... the amount of detailed information ... and the way errors are pointed out (for the super detail concious) without bashing the kit ... I just loved it!

Rog :)

The decals are printed by Zanchetti, not by Cartograf.. The origin can be identified by a small "z" behind the production number on the decal sheet.

I heard about several complaints with the decals. The carrier film does not respond very well with decal solutions. This was not the case with Zanchetti decals in the past. It seems that Z. has changed to a new carrier film. Revell is working on this problem.

Andreas,

Thank you for the info. I did a side by side comparison with some Cartograf decals which is why is why I made the statement. I did use the instrument panel decals and they did seem somewhat resistant to Mr. Mark Softer and Micro-sol.

Jennings,

Just curious, was your assertion based on actual examination of the decals in the Revell kit?

I have used the instrument decals punched out to fit the panel and they were quite thick.

I used plenty of Future on them (as they were punched out the didn't really have to comply), I have to say that they took a hell of a beating whilst I was fettling them into place - thinner decals may have broken up... Good in this situation, maybe not so advantageous when decalling the outside...

Revell panel with Revell decals......

9459024089_4de594884f.jpg

Nicely printed though...

Matt

Edited by mattlow

Just got two of these from emodels.co.uk today! Great price, including shipping to the midwest US! Having had a look, I'd say I'm impressed. I like the modular design that should allow for later variants, like the G-10s and Ks, the wheel wells are much better than the Hasegawa kits, and you have the option to build a variety of tall and short tail -6s and -14s. Instrument panel could probably benefit from some MDC decals. On the other hand, I really dont care for the molded on belts, there is a seam that is going to need filling with the forward panels, and probably due to the packing of multiple small sprues in one bag the tail wheel attachment strut was broken on one my kits, probably going to need some tweaking on that. Still this looks to be a great 109 for the price! I would recommend.