Birdcage Corsair the Hard Way!

LSP_Kevin

I still don't know whether Aires after market is poorly designed, or designed without compromises according to the 1:1 model, in which case it's certain not to fit in thin-skinned areas like, typically, wheel wells, where plastic thickness will not be scale like.

Whichever the reason, they certainly defeat'the pupose of AM stuff, which is to improve on the original kit without resorting to lengthy scratchbuilding. Pity really.

Whether it is intestinal fortitude, or balls of steel, your persistence is certainly admirable, Kev !

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Thanks again, fellas. I got a bit impatient and started sanding the Apoxie Sculpt early, which didn't seem to faze it. In fact, it was as hard as a rock! I think this stuff is harder than Milliput to be honest. I don't think I'm done, but I need to put down a coat of primer to check my work before I can continue.

Kev

Drastic situations call for drastic measures. I like what you're doing here Kev. Even though it may be the hard road, you're showcasing a perfect example of an often overlooked facet of modelling, that is, problem solving! 

Starting with parts that may or may not necessarily go together, using every bit of your skill to coax them into a finished product. 

Respect!

Craig

Holy Crap Kevin,Hope you still have all your marbles after that hicup. You just keep pressing on though and don't give up the fight. Just Don't screw up anymore OK Buddy.  :fight:  :rofl:  :whistle:

Chris 

Thanks, Chris. I'll have to apologise in advance, though, as I can absolutely guarantee more screw ups!

Kev

Drastic situations call for drastic measures. I like what you're doing here Kev. Even though it may be the hard road, you're showcasing a perfect example of an often overlooked facet of modelling, that is, problem solving! 

Starting with parts that may or may not necessarily go together, using every bit of your skill to coax them into a finished product. 

Respect!

Craig

Thanks, Craig. This one's definitely blurring the lines between skill and stubbornness!

Kev

All I can say Kev is that you are a glutton for punishment.

It doesn't seem to have been much fun. It's akin to watching somebody stab themselves in the leg with a fork. Repeatedly. 

I'd have binned the bloody thing by now - congratulations on your sheer bloody mindedness, it must be an Aussie thing!

I'd have binned the bloody thing by now - congratulations on your sheer bloody mindedness, it must be an Aussie thing!

Maybe, but the fact is I'm obliged to complete this build, as per the rules set down by my Anonymous Benefactor (AB). These boil down to the following:

• Must use what I find in the box, and no more;
  • Must build and finish it online;
  • Must return all unused parts.

So, think of it as a commission build that someone's already paid for, and I can't return the money.

Kev

Maybe, but the fact is I'm obliged to complete this build, as per the rules set down by my Anonymous Benefactor (AB). These boil down to the following:

• Must use what I find in the box, and no more;
  • Must build and finish it online;
  • Must return all unused parts.

So, think of it as a commission build that someone's already paid for, and I can't return the money.

Kev

Whoa - that's a bit harsh.

When I send kit's, I don't give a monkeys what people do with them, totally up to them. Certainly don't expect a WIP thread!

I've vague memories of sending you a Hase Fi-156 Storch kit a couple of years back - or am I imagining things? Again.

Whoa - that's a bit harsh.

Not really. It was a challenge given to me at the outset, and I accepted it. I could easily have turned it down. Can't resist a challenge! I just didn't realise it would be this difficult...

I've vague memories of sending you a Hase Fi-156 Storch kit a couple of years back - or am I imagining things? Again.

I think it was the Me 163 kit. One day I'll round up some AM for it and take it for a spin.

Kev