Birdcage Corsair the Hard Way!

LSP_Kevin

IP looks outstanding! I'd be more than pleased with it!

Thanks, Tim. It's not perfect, but should look effective enough once in place inside the cockpit. I still have to add the gun sight parts, so I must remember to do that before it's too late!

Kev

Any thoughts on the instrument panel, guys? I thought it was looking OK under the circumstances, but I'm worried now that you guys are too polite to tell me it's rubbish!

With the cockpit nearly complete, I need to work on the tail wheel area so I can close up the fuselage. I take it from other builds I've seen that this area should be the infamous salmon pink colour?

Kev

Sorry Kevin, a little late to the party I'm afraid but the instrument panel looks very nice indeed. I know how challenging punching out the Waldron instruments is and getting them completely centred within the die before hitting them with the punch. Your IP gets two thumbs up from me and I'd definitely be happy with the results you've achieved. The same goes for the rest of this build,

Cheers,

Wolf

Outstanding and Superb....a masterpiece creation with the hard way!!!

Great lesson mr Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Filippos. I don't think it's up the standard you've created with your own version of Marine's Dream, but hopefully it will look OK when it's done.

Kev

What kind of lens were you going to use for the cockpit lamps? The lamps were telescopic and could vary the size of the beam as needed by the pilot. I've also seen them with red lenses for use at night.

Hi Tim,

I was just planning to dab a bit of Kristal Klear into them, but I have to confess that I haven't looked closely at any references for them at this stage.

Kev

• 3 months later...

Thanks, Dan. Unfortunately I have to work on Monday, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday to enjoy another day off. This build and the P-39 are vying for attention on the workbench, so I just have to decide which one I return to. One potential distraction, however, is that I'm expecting delivery of the new computer on Monday. Yippee!

Kev

• 5 weeks later...