Mustang...1/18nth Scale

Ironwing

Guest Peterpools

Geoff

Just incredible work and I just don't know how you can keep doing it - striving for perfecting and nerves of steel. Is it an illusion or the left skin appears to sit on top of the vertical stabilizer fillet a tad?I tip my hat; striving for nothing short of perfection.

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn:

You can see my error better in this shot. The skin is sitting a little too far back, but its right in front of the access hole on the LE of the elevator. This is the spot where the doubled rivet line should be. The double rivet line is off to the right.

IMG_1338.jpg

Geoff

Just incredible work and I just don't know how you can keep doing it - striving for perfecting and nerves of steel. Is it an illusion or the left skin appears to sit on top of the vertical stabilizer fillet a tad?I tip my hat; striving for nothing short of perfection.

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn:

Hi Pete,

Your absolutely right. I didnt really have any way to measure the fairing when I made it. Since the skin was done to the print, once in place, it revealed the fairing deficiency. Even thought the skin was no good, it showed me exactly where the fairing should end. So something good did come out of this.

The fairings have since been adjusted.

Good eye Dude...can I borrow them?

Glad you looked in and hope all is well.

Geoff

Edited by Ironwing

You are obviously working to please yourself dude as no one else would ever catch that mistake. And I mean NO ONE!!  But,whatever floats your boat. You left me in the dust years ago with this one. My P-38 looks like a balsa wind-up plane compared to this.

J

Exactly Jerry.....Harv

Pete was keen eyed enough to see that the skins didnt fit the fairing. If you look along the inboard edge, you see that the skin overlaps the fairing. 

so, despite the skin being no good, it at least showed me where the fairing should end.

This time, there done and ive adjusted the fairings to their proper position...

They havent been glued down yet and probably wont be until the fin skins are complete just to avoid damage.

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

1e11dd29-12f5-46fe-98da-182f3c746a91.jpg

Thats where it is. On to the fin next.

Hope everyone is well

Geoff

Ahhhh! The second version DEFINITELY looks much better, to my layman's eye :) ...

Just joking Geoff. I am in awe of your persistence and drive for excellence ! Now if you, Peter and Tom could let some breathing space for us ordinary modellers ;) ...

Hubert

You are obviously working to please yourself dude as no one else would ever catch that mistake. And I mean NO ONE!! But,whatever floats your boat. You left me in the dust years ago with this one. My P-38 looks like a balsa wind-up plane compared to this.

J

Who are you supposed to be doing it for? Tell me..I forgot :)

PS...really, really glad you're here man. "Left you in the dust...balsa wind up toy?" "Still crazy after all these years"

" If you build it, it will come"

Edited by Ironwing