Rumpler C.IV Finished

ericg

I needed to travel across the other side of the country to attend a funeral and then take a week off staying at my folks house. I decided I would pack a kit as I would be without the wife and kid for the first half of the week and would get bored if I didnt build anything for that period of time. I felt my Kinetic Hawk was to close to finished and needed something new. I received this kit as a present from my folks so I thought it appropriate to pack a few sprues and a couple of tools and at least assemble what I could.

I decided on `black six', this one: http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3053&cat=3 as I thought it offered the best combination of colour and camouflage as well as having no lozenge I( I was `lozenged out') with my Pfalz build.

Instruction and tool kit (very basic!)

DSC00748_zpsfc16cc71.jpg

The folks kitchen table, my new modelling room!

DSC00747_zpsee353961.jpg

I forgot to pack drill bits so I used the no.11 blade to hollow out the exhaust:

DSC00751_zps31bebf29.jpg

Here is the pilots seat and one of the reasons I love WNW kits, the detail of the leather is great!

DSC00753_zps91eda283.jpg

I have cleaned up and test fitted everything so that when I get home I can just prime and paint the parts so it should be a rather quick process from this point. No drop of glue was used in the construction of these parts, and goes to show how great this plastic is.

DSC00760_zps6d8e2f7f.jpg

DSC00756_zps117aac21.jpg

DSC00759_zps17a07f6e.jpg

Edited by ericg

Very cool Eric. I found the exact same thing assembling my WnW DH-2. Most all of the fuse went together the same way. LOVE These kits, and really looking forward to tackling my next one.

I like the scheme too!

If you change your mind on the scheme, the "Good People" scheme is really cool and has no lozenge

( I just love the fact that they wrote that on the plane itself, like some WWI Baby on board sign :lol: )

Rumpler%20C.IV,%20Good%20People,%20late%

• 2 years later...

Digging up an old thread here. I was getting a bit tired of a few of the builds that I had on the go at the moment and wanted to do a couple of days of stress free modelling. Back in it this project full steam ahead (for the time being).

I had done some work on this in the 2 years since I started it but never been into it in a big way for one reason or another. Inspired by my mate Simmo.b's Felixtowe, and my other mate Whitey's Hannover build I have got this far now.

Uschi wood grain decals were used for the floor. Still quite a few details to pick out.

6A834C69-CE3C-4A7E-A6E6-A4381522435A_zps

2DFF946F-7EDD-4D90-AB46-B17F2EFF703D_zps

Aviatic lozenge decals.

997EDDDC-3368-4D0F-A240-9F09C1FF645E_zps

I primed the wings with mr Surfacer white 1000 spray, and then preshaded with Gunze 'sail colour'

490D00A3-1B23-4527-8F78-7F011E4129CF_zps

Hi Clumsydude, the preshading does show up. It is more subtle tonal change more than anything. I don't like to overdo it, especially at this early stage.

Thanks Pete! The hatch was just another piece of the same uschi woodgrain decal laid over the top of the full section that covers the whole floor.

Very nice!

I see your 'lozenged out' mode has passed, which marking option have you decided upon now?

Is the wing work Aviattic lozenge, I'm assuming it isn't WNW's as I don't think theirs is translucent..?

Matt

Guest Peterpools

Eric

Great t see the Rumpler back on the bench and under way again.

Keep 'em comoing

Peter

Some more work on the cockpit, I need to finish of a few more details and then it will be enclosed in the fuselage halves. I scratchbuilt the springs and strap that hang off the camera.

7B519BE0-0A47-4833-8E3B-40567600BAE8_zps

52F2B298-16CC-4ACC-B56F-D92C91637156_zps

F8CEA6B0-71C9-436B-AFDF-A22FEFBB9613_zps

A6FD01A9-6A9C-45F1-8BB7-D80A71B5C760_zps

I attached some cut off sprue to allow for the rigging to pass through the rear bulkhead walls.

4DE2F3E1-86A4-4B34-B0BC-497087FF29B6_zps

Aviatic interior lozenge, the top one is before I post shaded and the one on the bottom is after.

A1C25AEA-8249-42AC-93FB-C4B84A49DAA9_zps

Guest Clunkmeister

Outstanding work! I've never really used the Aviattic lozenge nut I think I want to try them now. I have plenty of he other brand of translucent lozenge and wood grain, and although it's good, this gives a totally different effect.

I truly love it!