1:32 Revell He111P, 2./KG54

Ralph Riese

Revell's 32nd scale Heinkel He111 kit being built for a friend. Apologie to those who might have already seen it on HS PP...

2AS-7.jpg

Kit cockpit with some strip plastic added for rudder pedal straps; Mr Surfacer 500 for some "fabic texture" on the co-pilot's seat; and fictional rivets here and there. Raised detail removed from some of the kit parts, and slot cut out of the pilot's seat in preparation for Eduard's pre-coloured, self-adhesive offerings (item 33092)...

4AS-5.jpg

Fuselage interior with raised detail removed from the radio parts, again ready for the Eduard alternatives. Knockout pin marks awaiting skinning with plastic card. Not sure what to do about the MG15 ammo drum holders as the drums themselves are more like 48th scale. Hard to know how much will be seen after the fuselage is closed up...

6AS-4.jpg

More fictional rivets in the kit wheel wells - added to provide some visual interest after painting and weathering...

7AS-2.jpg

Upper inboard wing parts with rivets added using Radu Brinzan's RB Productions tool fitted with the 0.75mm wheel. Kagero's He111 H-6 48th scale plans were used as a guide (thanks Roachie-oui; Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit"'s playing for you now!)...

8AS-1.jpg

Fuel filler caps drilled out in preparation for CMK's "Fuel filler necks and life raft set" (item 5069). Quick water-colour wash to check progress - getting there...

9AS-2.jpg

Same story for the outer wing parts...

10AS-1.jpg

Thanks for a great tool Mr Brinzan...

11AS.jpg

Some of the kit engraving is a little soft - will try to sharpen it up for washes down the track...

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Ralph.

Oh We are truely in for a lesson in "how to" building and painting! Ralph, if only I could learn to paint like you :) Heck, I'd settle for a 1/4 of your ability! I'll be watching and trying to learn more as you go, good to see you back on such a great model.

All the best to you and your builds,

Paul

Guest Nigelr32

As has already been said, This is gonna be a lesson in how to build a model aeroplane, (Airplane for our cousins in the US).

That's it, Im going to buy the CMK 'pit and get my 111 back out.

Slow day with the rivet tool and beader...

Radders: I believe the kit was released in 2011. there is already quite a collection of aftermarket stuff available for it.

Nige: I think the CMK cockpit set would be interesting - especially for those who enjoy modelling interiors. I have a feeling that the set would be alot more comprehensive than the kit offering.

Guest Nigelr32

Nige: I think the CMK cockpit set would be interesting - especially for those who enjoy modelling interiors. I have a feeling that the set would be alot more comprehensive than the kit offering.

If you look back at my stalled build, you'll see I like modelling interiors, you'll also see how i corrected the Bomb bay. I have ordered the RB rivetter and will try to copy your job. It's one of my complaints about Revell and ZM kits, the lack of rivets. I know you probably wouldn't see the rivets in 1/32 scale, but they simply look too plain to my eye without them.

I'll put up a review of the CMK 'pit when it arrives.

Keep up the good work, and please show us how you use the rivetting tools.