P-51B/C full kit

JRutman

69 members have voted

1. 1. Put the P-51B/C back into production?

I am willing to sell the masters to Greymatter if there is a need for this kit. I saw some interest on another thread and wanted to make sure before I approach Tim as I want him to keep succeeding at his biz.

So is it worth him putting this bad boy out again? I have made a lot of upgrades since the original release and plan to make more if it is back in production.

J

I made it into a poll for you Jerry, hope you don't mind.

As for the question, like I posted in the other thread, the Tamiya kit needs so many items changed to make it into this version that I believe it maybe sometime until we see them release a version (if ever).

Ron

I agree with Ron, a Mustang III/P-51B/C would represent a nearly completely new kit from Tamiya. As much as I would love to see that, I don't think it will be soon.

I would love to see Jerry's kit rereleased from Grey Matter, their castings are superb. And with Jerry's improvements it should be a real winner.

Richard

i got one of Jerry's P-51B's a few years back. it was challaging. but ended a great kit. it was a commisson for a WWII P-51 Vet.

he loved it. he had a custom glass case made for it.

so it was/is a good kit. i vote yes. and with the improvements Jerry is talking about, i'll be up for another one.

Glen

Not to be a complete kill-joy here, but what kind of price would we be talking about? I fully understand it's an all resin kit, but for it to sell well, it would have to be competetively priced. So I guess my question to Jerry (or the folks at Greymatter) would be if a ballpark price could be stated.

John

I would purchase one. I have bought many of Jerry's conversion sets and know the excellent detail that goes into them, and from what I have seen of his P-51 B kit

it appears to me to be about the best early mustang kit that you can get bar none, and the cost cant be a whole lot more than that of the Trumpeter kit.... I vote YES!!!

Pappy1

Not to be a complete kill-joy here, but what kind of price would we be talking about? I fully understand it's an all resin kit, but for it to sell well, it would have to be competetively priced. So I guess my question to Jerry (or the folks at Greymatter) would be if a ballpark price could be stated.

John

Until I ceased production about 18 months ago the kit was selling for about $100. plus shipping. Cheaper than trumpy I think.

J

John

To price a kit without actually holding ( or even seeing!) it in your hand is virtually impossible.

Of course we will keep the cost as reasonable as possible, but to guess a price at this stage, would be of no benefit to anybody.

All the best,

Tim

Jerry and Tim...

Completely understood! All I'm (poorly attempting) to say is that I DO think the kit would sell well as long as it's not double what the Trumpy kit costs.......no matter how bad that dang thing is! Having said that, I completely realize an all resin kit isn't for your average, run of the mill kind of modeler, so whatever the price (again, within reason) would certainly be acceptable to us Mustang fanatics!

Please keep us posted!

John

Jerry and Tim...

Completely understood! All I'm (poorly attempting) to say is that I DO think the kit would sell well as long as it's not double what the Trumpy kit costs.......no matter how bad that dang thing is! Having said that, I completely realize an all resin kit isn't for your average, run of the mill kind of modeler, so whatever the price (again, within reason) would certainly be acceptable to us Mustang fanatics!

Please keep us posted!

John

Hi John,

I completely understand what you are saying and think you said it very well.

One thing I would like to know is from the voters who said NO. It would be very helpful if they could say if their reason was due to aversion to resin kits, choice of subject, possible price issues etc.

All the best,

Tim

One thing I would like to know is from the voters who said NO. It would be very helpful if they could say if their reason was due to aversion to resin kits, choice of subject, possible price issues etc.

I didn't vote at all Tim, because I simply wouldn't be able to afford such a kit, and I don't think that's a legitimate reason to vote 'no'. I'd buy one if I could afford it! Otherwise I see a 'no' vote in my case as a false negative, but it would have been equally false of me to vote 'yes', since I'm unlikely to acquire one under my own resources.

Not sure if that helps at all...

Kev