Trumpeter F-117A WIP .... FINISHED!!!!

ericg

Thanks for the encouragement guys,

Dave, I just blue tacked them on at this stage.

Jim, see if you can get hold of a Tamiya F-15E with bunker buster bombs and then modify to shape. Another option would be to purchase the US bombs set that Trumpeter put out, although they have the usual $%^& ups that Trumpy tend to incorporate into their orndanance. The other option would be to get the Flightpath GBU-27 set,

Eric

Whilst looking for extra detail to incorporate into this build, my eye kept on getting drawn to the canopy, and that in most photos, there is a light grey strip around each window. I am guessing it may be a seal? I intially cut some white decal into thin strips and applied around the edges but it was too stark and contrasted with the black too much. I then decided to wip out the masking tape and paint all of the edges with a light grey.

I masked off 3 strips at a time

IMAG0681.jpg

a couple of coats of paint

IMAG0682.jpg

The finished article

IMAG0688.jpg

Looks OK, much more subtle in real life. I will be posing the canopy in the open position

IMAG0687.jpg

Painted the resin wheels. I painted the red placards by hand.

IMAG0680.jpg

Nice repair - great to be able to pull that off. I guess plan B would be the yellow remove before flight cover they put over the FLIR window.

I think that grey colour is the window sill seal (for want of a better expression) and its on the inside of the window. Possibly something Trumpeter could have provided as a part to paint grey and attach inside the clear part. Nice work masking that off, I hate jobs like that.

Hi Ivan, yes it will be finished by then, it will be at qmhe which is in Queensland. I have done a bit more since the last pics such as finish the bombs and seat. I need to do some touch ups and a little more shading to get the effect that I am after then its done. Really looking forward to putting this one in the cabinet.

Eric