Trumpeter F-117A WIP .... FINISHED!!!!

ericg

Hi Eric

All I can say is thank god for that, the WA show WASMEX is the first week of September and i'm entering in my F-117A. I think i would not have entered in my kit if you were entering in yours.

I'm just about finished and need to put on the decals and hit it with a dull coat.

I'm not sure if you have put the front landing gear door on but I noticed on my kit i needed to trim of some plastic at the back brace to make the door fit.

As you say its a nice kit to build except for the weapons which are not very realistic.

Good luck with your kit in th comp.

Regards

Stuart

G'day,

Another update from downunder. I finally settled on a colour for the seatbelts, and here it is. I used some very finely sliced black decal for the warning stripes on the pull handles and the placards and ACES logos come from the exceptional Caracal decals.

IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0715.jpg

The seat in its home for now. I still have a bit of work to go in this area, namely the HUD and the other side foldable visor, which quite honestly I am dreading masking the stripes on!

IMAG0717.jpg

The GBU-27's finished at last. I used the crappy stencil data from the trumpeter guided weapons set, which as you can see are not really that great. It was my only option! I also punched out the small silver hinge pins on the rear wings from some silver decals that came with the Academy FA-18 ordanance decals. I think it just adds an extra element. If you didn't catch it before, I masked the green rectangles on the fins and sprayed them.

IMAG0712.jpg

IMAG0713.jpg

Edited by ericg

This is the last update before I flick across to `ready for inspection' as I believe I have almost finished this beast!

I hung the bombs after being satisfied that there was no more work to complete underneath the aircraft

IMAG0724.jpg

IMAG0722.jpg

The finished undercarriage with my resin wheels.

IMAG0721.jpg

The finished cockpit with the foldable visors posed correctly and the HUD with its glass in place.

IMAG0728.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

IMAG0733.jpg

Hello Eric

All I can say is well done, thats an awesome build. I hope you have luck with the comp this month.

I actually enjoyed this kit so much that i'm going to buy another one hope the wife does not find out !

WASMEX comp is on tomorrow so i'll have my one ready to go. I'll post some pictures of some of the entries later this week.

Regards

Stuart

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Kev, I hit the master reset on the workbench and gave it a good clean then sat there for a while contemplating what to do next. I opened the doors to my stash and looked through a few of my 16 Wingnut wings kits and a few of my jets, I even looked at the 3D printer staring at me saying `do something creative' but i resisted the temptation to start something new. The Mirage seems like the obvious choice, but I will finish the Mig-21 as it is the closest to completion.

Eric.