AIM Ground Equipment

Kagemusha

It would be really nice to get a -60 GPU as it was the main stay for many years.

Nice stuff though!

Looks very nice: a combo of resin body and cast metal wheels, tow bar. I'm going to order one from Hannants when I need some other stuff and can get back into my model-making again

Agree about the -60 though, which is way overdue in 1/32. I'd buy two for plonking next to F-4s, when somebody makes one.

AIMs is also going to release a small LOX bottle trolley which also makes for something different. Would really like to see an MJ-1 weapons loader too.

tony t

Thanks for the link Andy.

At last, some modern(ish) 1/32nd scale GSE to plop down behind the aircaft we build.

The LOX cart sounds good too. Your idea of the loader sounds brilliant Tony.

Why don't more companies make this sort of stuff? There are all sorts of 1/35th scale trucks and other vehicles so why has airfield stuff been neglected?

Cheers,

Guy

Why don't more companies make this sort of stuff? There are all sorts of 1/35th scale trucks and other vehicles so why has airfield stuff been neglected?

Sadly down to sales I guess, Master Box are reconsidering releasing the maintenance personnel figure sets due to poor sales of their pilot set.

Sadly down to sales I guess, Master Box are reconsidering releasing the maintenance personnel figure sets due to poor sales of their pilot set.

Shame. A set of modern aircrew & maintenance figures, with optional seated positions would be really good, and they can skip on the dog.

The resin equivalents are very pricey.

Looking fwd to the -60 & MJ-1 from onosendai

tony t

Well...that was their own fault really..you don't get what is shown on the box art(no dog,pilots not as shown)),were a number of negative comments about this a while back.

Edited by williamj

Looking fwd to the -60 & MJ-1 from onosendai

I'm working just today on CAD with the MJ-1, this is really a complex project, i'm thinking on two version, one for the Viet times (yellow) the other contemporay with the appropriate modified.

I'm working just today on CAD with the MJ-1, this is really a complex project, i'm thinking on two version, one for the Viet times (yellow) the other contemporay with the appropriate modified.

That's great Ono-Sendai!

AFAIK the MJ-1 was procured continuously from circa.1959 until quite recently, the current version being the MJ-4. There was also the heavyweight mod (MHU-183?) which has forked front wheels (optional attachment) for heavier lifting in the 2,000lb+ smart bomb era. I'm researching some of this myself in geeky tangential mode, but agree that the 'vanilla' MJ-1 in its original yellow scheme would be bought in numbers by anyone considering a Vietnam-era 1/32 USAF or FMS equivalent export jet.

The Dash 60 28DC/air pipe trolley was seen on pretty much every F-4 base, as the 'huffer pipe' was better than the sooty cartridge start system. I saw them parked next to every F-111 I ever saw in its TAB-Vee at Upper Heyford or Lakenheath, but then there's no kit of the F-111 in 1/32 - yet! But there will be plenty of F-4 modellers wanting one!

I think you're onto a winner here

tony t

My time spent in SAC at Utapoa Thiland (69-70) I drove a jammer (MJ1) for a year, loading BUFFs, preloading the bomb racks.....Harv :speak_cool:

My time spent in SAC at Utapoa Thiland (69-70) I drove a jammer (MJ1) for a year, loading BUFFs, preloading the bomb racks.....Harv :speak_cool:

Harvey,

I didn't know you were at U-Tapao warrior. You were there several years before me; 74-75.

I was in the 307th AMS, Instrument shop. I lived off base in Banshan and drank and chased women in New Land!

Wasn't much of a chase though just needed a "Red Note".

Barry