ZM in the UK

Scotsman

I can vouch for Relish Models, great service, and prices are normally very competitive!

Yes, great kits, but they're now running outside of my budget for a model like this.

However, I think if Z-M want to sell their Spad in more serious numbers they'll have to get it below $150 in the States and £100 or 100 Euro or less in the U.K and Europe if they can?

There's a major recession on, kit prices might well start to reflect this soon.

I'm waiting for these prices to fall still further, otherwise I think they'll probably just sit in distributors warehouses everywhere!

My guess is that some modelers will wait to see what price package comes from Trumpeter this year for their Spad and will hold buying until then. We'll see. :closedeyes:

Roy.

Hi Roy,

The Spad is below $150 in the States....everyday price from VolksUSA is $140. I think they have sold quite a few here in the States to be frank. Outstide the States I understand it is a completely different ball game trying to buy one. Shame cause it's a very nice kit.

Cheers,

Shane

Woo! Just pre-ordered my Shinden! I'm finally getting one!!!! After all this time, I finally hunted one down. And for anyone interested in ordering from the US, they do subtract VAT from the prices, but shipping is a little bit intense. Losing the VAT saved me 14 pounds, but the shipping was almost 20, so it ended up balancing out. But I can't wait to get a Shinden!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Matt :party0023:

Woo! Just pre-ordered my Shinden! I'm finally getting one!!!! After all this time, I finally hunted one down. And for anyone interested in ordering from the US, they do subtract VAT from the prices, but shipping is a little bit intense. Losing the VAT saved me 14 pounds, but the shipping was almost 20, so it ended up balancing out. But I can't wait to get a Shinden!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's a nice kit:

DSC00764.jpg

I agree with all of the above BUT if ZM can advertise their forthcoming P-51 at $80 initial cost including free shipping, I would think they could do the same with their other kits. The prices they are charging for their kits puts them out of reach of a lot of people.

Technically thats not true. I know the advert you were speaking of for "$80":

post-901-0-10042300-1326552453.jpg

I used the quotes as it was pointed out earlier , that is in no way accurate, as 8,190 yen does NOT equal $80 USD but slightly more than $106.00 USD. Also figuring into their P-51 pricing and free shipping is the Tamiya P-51. I would venture to say they almost had no choice BUT to give lesser pricing and free shipping on the Mustang only, just to compete with the Tamiya offering.

0 competition for a 32nd Spad (at least for the time being), thus no real need for any price breaks at this point.

The other fact of this matter is that the Spad is a WAY larger kit with way more parts and I would have to go with way more expensive kit to produce, so I would say charging $140 USD for the spad, and $106 USD is almost right on par with other manufacturers pricing.

Yes, it is unfortunate that it costs so much more outside of the US, but the initial pricing of the kit is in no way out of line for its scale and size. Especially if you look at an equally sized and accurate kit from say Fisher or even some way less accurate kits in Trumpys lineup.

Brian

Just to say. There is no duty on plastic kits, only VAT @ 20% and post office charge.

Every one pays VAT whether direct to customs when importing yourself or via the retailer who has paid it themselves. If you think you have been charged duty (i.e. the charge comes to more than 20%) do query it.

Matt

Hmmm £42 for the Roden DH2 , you can buy them on Ebay delivered for £29 .....pays to shop around . The exchange rate drop in the Zloty means that you get 5 to the pound not 4 as at the end of last year, and no VAT/duty as inside Europe .

Edited by Panzerwomble

Matt, may I ask what was your total out of pocket?.....Harv

Just to say. There is no duty on plastic kits, only VAT @ 20% and post office charge.

Every one pays VAT whether direct to customs when importing yourself or via the retailer who has paid it themselves. If you think you have been charged duty (i.e. the charge comes to more than 20%) do query it.

Matt

"...and post office charge"

sounds so innocent doesn't it??

fight.giffight.giffight.gif

Matt, may I ask what was your total out of pocket?.....Harv

My total out of pocket was 91 pounds, which under the current exchange rate is $141.35. It's nice not paying the VAT, but the shipping ends up canceling it out, but it's worth it to me to finally have a Shinden. I've wanted one of these ever since they came out.

You should jump on it Harv. I doubt there will be many of them for sale.

Edited by scvrobeson

I have wanted a skyraider for ages but i am sitting this one out - ill wait for the competition to level the playing field a little - by that time whatever i decide will be cheaper

No bombs still irks me as well

The stash is piled high enough for now anywaysclosedeyes.gif!!

aDs

Edited by Ads

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys. For anyone who has ordered from Relish Models in the past, is their service usually quick? My Shinden got sent out on January 19th, and hasn't made it here yet. I know that Customs can stall this stuff, just wondering if two weeks is standard shipping time to the States? I just want to get started on the Shinden, it's going to be so much fun to build.

Yeah, I know, but not being into aerobatics, it'll take at least another decal sheet, and is still not exactly what raises my interest at the moment...

BTW, has anyone released a sheet for the early Finnish camo scheme, yet?

Michael, looking for a 104 maybe??

Gruss,

Jack.

Relish is usally very quick , did you get the Processing and then shipping e-mails , Graham usally send them out as the order goes throught the shipping process, if you have any concern, drop them a line , Graham, (its a one man band after all) is very approchable

his address is graham@relishmodels.co.uk

This sounds like a plug for them , and I guess is is sort of, but Graham is a great peron to deal with , ( from personal experence), in the last 3 weeks the score is One skyraider, weapons set, and now the cockpit PE , all I want not are the GSB marking and I'm off and running!

On that note is anyone else disappointed with the cockpit detail in the ZM skyraider, not, in my opinion , up to the standard of the rest of the kit

are you sure that when you ordered it said "in stock"?

Relish's service is excellent - you can even chat to Graham online in real time if you have any questions

deal with confidence

Nick, who is not on Relish's payroll :)