Arado 196 A-3

miamiangler

sorry to hear that Willi, love the work you're doing.

Thanks Shawn,

I ordered the part online . it might take 12 weeks to get here . :BANGHEAD2: I learned my lesson , I should wake up before I do anything that eary in the morning :BANGHEAD2:

willi

Edited by miamiangler

Sorry to hear about the part Willi. Lost parts, I know the pain well. I learned the hard way to scan kits or get at least two copies. I topped myself recently by throwing accidentally to garbage a paint cup from a brand new airbrush after the first cleaning :BANGHEAD2:.

Hi Tomek,

Lost parts I know it well ! Some of my projects are a few years old so looking for parts is part of the fun :lol:

Matt no problem I still have a ways to go .I just wanted to get the clear parts done .I still have the wings to do and decal the model anyway . But a big thanks :thumbsup:

Willi

Willi, you are progressing well. Were all -196s painted the same way? Any variations? Your kit is comming along well.

Hi Mike ,

The paint schemes I think are close but all where a little different .in some photos it is hard to pick out the RLM 72 and RLM 73 since they where close in color . I find that the land based ones had more color . I`m just using the kit decals to make it easier but there are some nice schemes out there just no one has done decals for them yet ! Here`s a few places I have been looking for Ar 196`s www,luftwaffephotos.com/lar1961.htm , Wings Palette there are 42 German Ar 196 drawings and some flown by other countries .

Willi

Guest Nigelr32

Hi Willi,

I've just been reading through this build, it's a beauty you're putting together there!!

Sorry to hear about your lost part :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2:

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone ,

Have not been posting much due to work . Today I got my package from Revell . They are awesome ! I only needed one clear part, but they have sent me a complete set of window frames .Cool now I have two sets minus one part :) . I`m starting the future the clear parts tonite :party0023:

Willi

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone ,

I started up the Ar196 again , Blew off the dust and started with the clear parts . The weakest part of this kit !

It took close to an hour to get the canopy to fit right without the tabs it`s a real pain to line things up !

0201101711_01.jpg

0201102323_01AR196.jpg

The next fun part is the front office part of the canopy ! here are the parts sanded and polished

0201130104AR196.jpg

0201130846Ar196.jpg

Today I`ll be painting the clear parts .I hope to have the canopy on the A/C by tommorrow with luck !

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Very inspiring build. Thanks for posting the details.

I see you were looking for a trolley or some sort of mounting for the Arado. Hannants listed a new arrival back a few months with a tractor and tow bar set from Profimodel. I haven't seen it, but this may be what you are looking for.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PF32061P

I order from them from the USA and they always deliver the goods well packed and swiftly to California. They have always taken good care of me and seem to be great vendor for the things I just can't find locally.

Tnarg

Very inspiring build. Thanks for posting the details.

I see you were looking for a trolley or some sort of mounting for the Arado. Hannants listed a new arrival back a few months with a tractor and tow bar set from Profimodel. I haven't seen it, but this may be what you are looking for.

http://www.hannants....roduct/PF32061P

I order from them from the USA and they always deliver the goods well packed and swiftly to California. They have always taken good care of me and seem to be great vendor for the things I just can't find locally.

Tnarg

That looks very cool. I may have to snatch those for my own Arado. Thanks for the link.