Arado 196 A-3

miamiangler

Any more knowledge about this resource? Are there any more pages? Is it password protected? How do I access the rest of the info there?

I got this off a French forum it was from one of the books on the arado I think .The main thing was the framing , seat and belts and the instrument panel ,everything is in German which I am lucky enogh to read . This could help you just Google Arado 196 cockpits that might help .

Willi

• 1 month later...

It`s been awhile since I posted on the Arado .I have been working on my other project He 162 white 23.

Well I got some work done on the Arado this week. Most of it was adding the cables to the rudders using 3 strands of wire . I also added bare metal foil to the prop which would have been easier if I did not attach the spinner :BANGHEAD2: .I got half of the painting done on the back end of the plane . I still have to work on the front end adding wires ,fuel lines and braceing for the engine mounts. I hope to get some of it done this weekend .

rudder controls modified.

ArtesiaiSFH062.jpg

ArtesiaiSFH063.jpg

ArtesiaiSFH065.jpg

ArtesiaiSFH066.jpg

ArtesiaiSFH067.jpg

That`s all for now .Thanks for looking

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Hello Everyone .

Today I have been working on the braceing and wiring in the engine compartment .there`s still lots to be done adding fuel lines from the two filters . I got some of the ideas from a Frence Mag. that was published in July. not too many pic`s today.

sobe5.jpg

I have the wires looped up so they won`t be in the way , but will be attacted to the engine.

sobe6.jpg

Well that`s it for now .I get to get back to finishing wiring .

Thanks for stopping by . If anyone has idea`s or better pic`s of the engine compartment it would be appreciated.

Willi

Great detail to an already great kit. Keep posting !............Harv :popcorn: :clap2:

Thanks Harvey ,

It`s just hard finding all the info I need .I spend more time searching then building ! I want to finish this so I can move on to more projects .

Willi

Hi Guy`s ,

Here`s another update :

I finally got the halves mated together using 5 min epoxy . I forgot about the posts for the wing mounts so some epoxy got in the way .Which means I had to modify the wings :BANGHEAD2: .So anyone using this stuff make sure you block off the area for the wing mounts to aviod future problems like I had .

willie024.jpg

willie028.jpg

I have most of the wiring and plumbing done

willie025.jpg

willie026.jpg

Here`s the view from the bottom looking up at the radiator.

willie027.jpg

Last photo of the Arado for now.

willie029.jpg

Spoilers :m0152:

Here`s some photo`s of an up and coming project.

willie021.jpg

willie022.jpg

willie023.jpg

Thanks for stopping by .Comments are welcome .

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Hello everyone ,

Here`s another update got some work done on the hatch door s and added some detail to the rear gunners and radio operator`s position.

I added some plastic strips to the interior of all the doors and also added all the baffles to the engine doors which were all hand fitted and sanded to shape .

HrisEli006.jpg

Here I got some more practic in cutting out some paper parts . the belt on the right side is a paper belt which I think looks much better then PE. Everything on the table is paper with a plastic backing .

HrisEli004.jpg

HrisEli005.jpg

This week I`m working on the canopy which has been futured but I still dont like those tabs :BANGHEAD2: I might just Vac the parts . I am almost ready to get most of this plane decaled soon.

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Nice work. Love that navigation desk.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks alot , Mark

Just need to find out if the radio operator use a head set ? like to add it if there`s one . I know in German tanks radio head set were used . Cant find any pic`s of the one`s used in A/C.

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Nicely done. I'm enjoying the work you have added to this point. Too bad the paint doesn't have many variations, but yours is looking good.

Thanks Mike , I know my photo`s arent that good(it`s Me) but the colors look better in person .I do use lighter shades but the photos dont show thart much contrast . I might have to do some outdoor shots .

Well built the gunsite for the Arado ,since the one in the kit is a real joke ,a little clear plastic part that does not look like much . I also ran into problems with the front canopy .If I cant fix it I might have to order new parts .So no pic`s for awhile .

Willi

• 2 weeks later...

: I finally got the front windshield on and added some detail to the interior of it .I still need to add the compass to the left top corner

willie28002.jpg

Heres the rear glass pieces of the Ar 196 parts 68,69,70 I sanded the tabs off of part 68 and filled the holes in parts 69 & 70 with CA and polished it so it would be ready for futuring again. I am sure this will work so the tabs will no be as noticable .But theres a slight problem ,while cleaning part 68 it fell down the drain . :BANGHEAD2: I checked the drain but unforuately it`s probably on the way out a mile and half in the Atlantic ocean off Miami beach in 90 feet of water ! So here` what the pieces look like before my fumble :blowup:

willie28004.jpg

Till next time

Willi