P-47D The Farmingdale Jug PT2: UPDATE 9/1/13: FINISHED

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Totally agree with your opinion about the Hasegawa Jug .. One terrific kit.

Still tinkering around with the prop and haven't added the prop hub yet, Matter of fact I noticed I had the prop on backwards and I just finished flipping it around.

:rolleyes:

Guest Peterpools

Frank

Much appreciated and thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to you starting your T-Bolt.

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Thanks for the kind words on the Jug and the gear. Pool season has been a grind this season with the unreal weather but in a few days, it's Augusts and things will continue to slow down to a normal pace and finally allowing for more regular work sessions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

8/4/13 UPDATE: PRIMING

Still plugging away, slow but steady, as bench time is at a premium these days. It's scary to think, but I've actually started priming some of the sub assemblies and the balance of all the components and assemblies have had the seams filled, sanded and polished. What I thought would be an easy step in the building process was the front windscreen: too small and the fit wasn't good at all. I tinkered with the part for a few nights and then sent a PM to John B who pointed the way. I shimmed one side of the windscreen and then very carefully glued it in place on the shim side with Tamiya Extra Thin and on the other side with thin CCA. The front had a nice gap which was filled with Gorilla CCA. After sanding and cleaning the seams up, I followed John's suggestion and filled in any gaps with Vellejo Plastic Putty. Worked just fine: Thanks John.

So far I've primed the engine cowl, flaps, prop and hub. Hoping tonight to finish the priming and spend next week cleaning up what needs to be done. Gear, the inside of the gear doors and the wheel wells are done, weathered and finished!

Thanks for checking in.

Enjoy

[PCW_4210_zps10c49d08.jpg

PCW_4212_zps321d16f8.jpg

PCW_4213_zpsa636dda6.jpg

PCW_4215_zps81f1dfc6.jpg

PCW_4216_zps6289472f.jpg

The various fillers used on the Jug, Bet you can't tell which is my favorite?

PCW_4217_zps0bb91499.jpg

PCW_4201-2_zps196d304b.jpg

PCW_4200_zpsdee4f21a.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Frank

Finally able to make some progress and working towards the fun part: painting. Right now I'm planning on doing Schillings Jug from the 56FG and she is going to be wearing their standard cammo cloths

Cool! Good progress Peter. :D

Im actually kind of shocked at the ill fit of the wind-screen. I dont recall having any issues in that dept with my jug. I very well may have though, since my build was a few years back. Either way, glad u got her worked out, and good go see some progress.

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Buddy and much appreciated. At first I thought it as me but after checking with John, his front windscreen fit about the same. Sure glad John was able to point me in the right direction.

With some luck and if the priming doesn't discover too many areas that need further attention, I just might be ready to stat the real painting this weekend. I have my fingers crossed

Guest Peterpools

Thanks J

Appreciate the kind words. Pretty happy with how they came out and trying to keep things strictly: used but not Abused looking.