Trumpeter Bf 109F-4 (Actually a G-2)

Haggis

Hi everyone, here's my second post.

This is Trumpeter's go at the F-4 which to my eye is actually a G-2. The kit itself has some nice features such as the airframe detail, I quite liked the cockpit and I am a big fan of rubber tyres even though they're not to everyone's taste. The spinner is off which is a shame but when painted it doesn't look too bad although could do with being replaced. Anyway, I know the pros and cons have been done to death on this, here's the model.

A full article can be seen here on www.scalemodellingnow.com, Geoff Coughlin's online magazine. There are many LSP models in there and is well worth a look.

Finished251-1.jpg

Finished258.jpg

Finished257-1.jpg

Looks great, Jamie! I haven't decided to get one yet (I have three ProModeler G-4 kits with Aires F conv sets) but if I do I will just take a marker and change the F-4 to a G-2 and feel better! Definitely like some of Trumpeter's detail treatment. It's too bad so many of their models are real Curate's Eggs!

Heh those painters from JG5 realy had great imaginatinon. Some wierdest 109 schemeaes are from this unit and this one u captured perfectly. Did u spray white free hand or did u mask ? :)

Great job

Dejan

"Trumpeter Bf 109F-4 (Actually a G-2) See, it can be built"

Excellent title!:speak_cool:

Nice camoflage - i like it that the rivets are there - an otherwise boring ask made redundant!

nice work mate

Ads

"but he didnt show the tail!!" hehe