Revell 1/32nd scale Hawk.

geedubelyer

Hello all,

I've just been reading a thread on Britmodeller suggesting that the Revell Hawk is available at Argos for £18.99.

Thought there might be one or two who'd like to know.

Cheers,

:coolio:

Edited by geedubelyer

Twenty quid a pop eh!

I have 2 on pre-order from my LHS.

For that price I could buy around 7 for the price of a Tamiya big jet with some am goodies.

Best I get some decals, already got lots of nice black paint! :rolleyes:

Phil

I can fonfirm that Argos here in the Uk are stocking the Hawk kits , I picked one up yesterday afternoon , :thumbsup:

Like the Arado 196 I piccked up this week , its a perfect example of what Revell does best , and acccurate well moulded basic kit for a price that makes Trumpter prices look very silly..

If you get a chance to pick one up get it , there will be a wealth of extras for this one , i'm certain .. nice one Revell .. Seriously .. a beautiful kit!

Revell must be commended for the delicacy and finesse of their moldings on this kit. I applaud the restrained use of rivets on the airframe these being used only on opening panels rather than along every panel line.

The outer surface of each part has a silky sheen to it rather than a polished shine which ought to help any paint key to the surface.

There is a tiny amount of flash present here and there but it will be easy to remove. There are also one or two ejector pin marks inside wheel bays or gear doors etc. Irritating but easy to overcome with patience. They are all in difficult to see places when the jet is on it's wheels anyway. I've noticed a couple of very small sink marks which will probably require a dab of filler but nothing to write home about.

First impressions are hugely favourable. This kit has brought a big smile to my face and I can't wait to get stuck in (although I will force myself to be patient!)

The following shots show things in a little more detail.

tn_Revell132ndscaleHawk016.jpg

Evidence that other versions are on the cards....

tn_Revell132ndscaleHawk027.jpg

tn_Revell132ndscaleHawk024.jpg

tn_Revell132ndscaleHawk025.jpg

Subtle raised rivet detail inside the airbrake well and gear doors.

tn_Revell132ndscaleHawk022.jpg

tn_Revell132ndscaleHawk023.jpg

tn_Revell132ndscaleHawk012.jpg

The seats look to be nicely worked with plenty of detail.

tn_Revell132ndscaleHawk019.jpg

All in all this is a neat kit.

Congrats Revell, you should be on to a winner :speak_cool:

Edited by geedubelyer

Postie just delivered Xtradecals sheets for the early Hawks and stencils, both superb, and have got notification from Argos that my second Hawk is ready to pick up. :wub:

Shweet!

Anybody have any idea when the sensibly (grey) coloured version is going to be available?

Gotta save money on primer!

I see Graham at relish models will be doing the red one for £17.49.

Phil