Airfix GR3

cklooMY

thanks for the compliments.

Can I enquire if anyone has photos for the bottom of the wing tips for the AV-8B? Meaning to correct the errors in the trumpeter kit but no pictures are available. I read Dave Roof's review in the forum and he sorta mentioned to sand down the elevated parts....

• 3 weeks later...

CK,

I'm not sure how I missed this one.

Awesome work; you've got a sharp eye for the small details.

Your cockpit work is inspiring just like your Phantom build.

The finish pulls it all together.

SUPER COOL! :speak_cool: :speak_cool: :speak_cool: :speak_cool:

• 10 months later...

I think it looks excellent. The faded effect of the paint seems to have been done with a touch of subtlety, just the way I like it. I do think that some more dull coat would have been appropriate to kill the glare I see in the photos. That’s not a criticism as such, just my opinion. Other than that, I like it. I can only hope mine turns out as nice if I ever do one.

I agree ( usually do, though) Very nice. I think the pit is excellent. But, more semi coat would be nice IMHO....Harv :speak_cool:

Hi CK,

Very nice GR.3. In my judgement - based on being around the actual aircraft a fair bit in the 80's - I would say that your finish is very representative of how the actual aircraft looked. A lot of the Harriers only managed to maintain their semi-matt paint finishes for a very short while after a fresh repaint (the paint was pretty smooth to start with). After a very short period in service, the paint tended to become anything between semi gloss and low gloss pretty quickly (not surprisingly, EE Lightnings tended to be very similar).

I look forward to seeing your next project :goodjob:

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Fantastic, really makes me wish Revell would release new tool versions of the GR.3 and FRS.1, really makes me sad. RIP :crying:

Cheer up Andy...I have just started on the first stage of a correction set for said kit :)

Derek