Hawker Hurricane 11c 1:24

Ripaman

Absolutely stunning. More model engineering than modeling - not that I mind at all, being an engineer myself :-)

Thanks very much Thomas, once you start making as per drawings it is amazing how many piece they made for each plane :o

Rock On, Richard.

What did you use as a rivetting material?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Revits are foil which you make with the nutter, great tool.

I'll have to come take a look soon Richard. Looks great in the pics!

Nice talking to you last week on the phone, come over any time love to see your B25

That's so good it's frightening!

Kev

Thanks Kev, wa sdoing alot of house stuff so not had much time for Hurri :(

Regards

Richard

What happened to your pictures Richard?

I am not sure, I did move them to another file in Photobucket, they were not deleted, this has not happened before??? I will repost them tomorrow.

Regards

Richard

I am not sure, I did move them to another file in Photobucket, they were not deleted, this has not happened before??? I will repost them tomorrow.

Regards

Richard

Yeah, if you move them within Photobucket, it breaks their links, and you have to re-link them. When you paste in the links, notice that they contain the name of the PB album you've used. If you move the photos to a different album, they won't be found in the original album any more.

Kev

Thanks Cat-baloo, Kev and Jerry,

When I uploaded to Photobucket they went to another file, then I moved them to my Hurricane file, did not think they would delete of the forum.

Learn something everyday :D

Regards

Richard

Richard,

IMPECCABLE attention to detail.

IMMACULATE workmanship.

INSPIRATIONAL thread.

INTERESTING. progress..

:bow: :wow: :wub:

Maru, you are always to kind, thanks alot I really appreciate it.

So impressive. I am in awe at every posts

Oliver

Thanks alot Oliver, got to get back looking and going though everyones posts, did read that you rolled over your engine, have broken quite a few thing myself, but what I find the second time around always looks better don't you agree?.

how can this get any better...really....yet each time it DOES

Sean are you the one who said (on Britmodel) you want to do this in 1:48 scale :frantic: :mental: but thanks for taking your time to look in.

Richard your work is a really piece of art...

amazing my friend

cheers

Shep

Same goes to you Shep, do find your WIP brilliant

there's a reason this thread has 70,000+ views

Hi Rich, yours is up there too, your detail is second to none, I am just trying to play catch up.

Glad that you are back in business but you have to give us mortals a break!! How can we compete with this level of craftmanship?

J

Jerry I look at the detail you do and go OMG what will he make next, you are doing things with your hands where I do thinks with machines, but thanks again for you kind words.

WOW fantastic

Thanks alot Artur, have not had to much time in the last while, my wife has this thing about doing stuff around the house :doh:

Again thank you all for looking in on my lonnnnnng project.

Regards

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening all,

Started to machine one of the legs from a drawing I have, took a little while to think which way to machine but I think I got it, now have to machine the other one.

IMG_6073_zps755bf616.jpg

Got it as close to scale as poss, as you will see on the next picture the aftermarket one I bought is close but they got the dia wrong, same as the kit part, but then again I think it is a copy of the kit part.

IMG_6074_zpse65aad75.jpg

IMG_6075_zps66442ccc.jpg

Then took one of the leg brackets and filed to shape, still need to machine the middle out but came out not to bad,

IMG_6077_zpsd50379d4.jpg

IMG_6078_zpscf4fb39a.jpg

IMG_6079_zps21bb0fd0.jpg

Just to give you an idea of size I thought I would put it on my hand,

IMG_6080_zps185330ce.jpg

Still quite a few pieces to make, having lots of fun with this, here are a couple more pictures,

IMG_6076_zps32955677.jpg

IMG_6081_zpsd66d82ec.jpg

Thats it for now

Regards

Richard

Edited by LSP_Kevin