Hawker Hurricane 11c 1:24

Ripaman

Very creative problem solving Richard, The pictures make all these things look big, but having seen this in person, its pretty darned tiny and even more impressive.

Ron

Thanks Ron, I like to problem solve, I do it each working day, regarding small, at least it is not 1:32 scale, I have bought the Tamiya Mustang, Zoukei Mura Mustang, Spitfire Mk 1Xc and XV1e and the B-25J all in 1:32 and when I have opened the box I say bloody hell these are small then put the lid back on the box, so hats off to all you guys who build small.

Regards

Richard

Gobsmacked...

Kev

wow...amazing stuff. :frantic:

Thanks Rich I say that when I look at your WIP, I think we are both a bit :frantic:

Brilliant work and some incredible engineering.

Peter

Thank you very much Peter, trying to get it right.

Ok, I give up...just so I can keep the little hair on my head I have left...I'm retiring from modeling. :ninja:

Hi Mike, no no don't give up I do this for relaxation.

Regards

Richard

Craftsmanship of the highest order Richard! Can't think of anything else to add to what's already been said. :bow: Next time I'm in the Calgary area I'm going to have to look you up. I simply must see this 1st hand!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf yes please PM me when you next come in to Calgary, also get Ron to come over as well, have a few beers, would love to see your Spit up close hope you could bring with you???.

Hope by the time you do I will have some tubes put in !!!

Going to build as per picture once I finish the booms

IMG_5898.jpg

Regards

Richard

Richard,

Its posts like this that make me think I should have taken up knitting....pearl one... stitch two or something like that...

Ahh well at least I can sit here and learn from somebody who knows what he's doing!

:popcorn: Outstanding attention to detail, and a true inspiration to those of us who are still mere modeling mortals.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

All the best to you and your build,

Paul

Hello Richard,

I have just caught up with this build and what a feast of exceptional enlightenment it has been!

This is not mere modelling and detailing, this is replication of the very highest order (your scratch building and shipwright skills are immediately obvious to me).

Incredible work.

Yours in awe

Derek

(PS I like your BMW K1600GTL - I also am a BMW man. I own a BMW K1200GT SE, but I may trade that in for a RT1200 at some point).

Edited by Derek B

Thanks Wolf yes please PM me when you next come in to Calgary, also get Ron to come over as well, have a few beers, would love to see your Spit up close hope you could bring with you???.

Regards

Richard

Did someone say beers! I am in!

• 2 weeks later...

Richard,

Its posts like this that make me think I should have taken up knitting....pearl one... stitch two or something like that...

Ahh well at least I can sit here and learn from somebody who knows what he's doing!

:popcorn: Outstanding attention to detail, and a true inspiration to those of us who are still mere modeling mortals.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

All the best to you and your build,

Paul

Hi Paul thanks for looking in, just love the detail work.

Regards

Richard

Richard,

I do find your work VERY INSPIRATIONAL,and your work inspires that desire that whatever you want to do YOU can.

I Find you very humble about your work which in MY opinion is EXTRAORDINARY and PHENOMENAL in its fine detailing.

So far I have read your words explaining your build with awe and total amazement.

Of course one drools over such MAGNIFICENT workmanship as yours and I think..

'Geez! Such precision ' .and fun to follow which I think is quite good too! :)

Gone back to drool Over the finer detailed work..a man after MY OWN HEART where fine intricate work is concerned.

Keep up the good work....salute.

MARU. 5137

That is very nice of you to say Maru, I have expanded my ability from when I started this project as you might have seen. Learnt alot watching other guys WIP's

Regards

Richard

Hello Richard,

I have just caught up with this build and what a feast of exceptional enlightenment it has been!

This not mere modelling and setailing, this is replication of the very highest order (your scratch building and shipwright skills are immediately obvious to me).

Incredible work.

Yours in awe

Derek

(PS I like your BMW K1600GTL - I also am a BMW man. I own a BMW K1200GT SE, but I may trade that in for a RT1200 at some point).

Thanks very much, I say the same when I look at your work Derek, I find when I have drawings with dimensions or pictures I can build close to what I see. Should give up work and do this ful time LoL

Love my BMW as you know they are very nice riding machines, had the RT1200 before this one and both are great bikes,

Here is a picture of my last bike

IMG_0126.jpg

Best regards

Richard